Welcome to jag-stang.com. We're not only big fans of the Fender jag-stang, jaguar, jazzmaster and mustang but all things alternative guitar related. You'll find a little bit of everything from effects/amps and guitars to music coverage here. To get started check out the links to our main sections below. Be sure to drop by the forums and get to know everyone.
Hot Forum Topics: (refreshed every 10 minutes)
- pictures of your guitars - posted by Purplehaze19x - 1639 replies, 203956 views
- Pics of Everyones fender mustangs - posted by Codog - 725 replies, 92974 views
- Pics of your Jag-Stangs - posted by Fran - 516 replies, 73018 views
- < < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > > - posted by sickboy - 767 replies, 108729 views
- Your Jazzmaster Pictures - posted by Mad-Mike - 180 replies, 49698 views
- Difference between a Jaguar and a Jaguar 'Special HH'? - posted by aphid - 28 replies, 3753 views
Back on April 1 2008 jag-stang.com put up an April Fools joke about Fender introducing a Jag-Stang Bass. Email still comes in to this day with people finding that post and not realizing it was a joke.
But one person took it upon themselves to actually build a “Jag-Stang Bass”. Below are some photos of Austin Coslar’s fantastic jag-stang bass creation.
For even more photos, including build-in-progress updates, see the following thread over on OffsetGuitars: OSG Jag-Stang Bass Build
Thanks for sharing the photos with us Austin and nicely done!
Another Fender article and video featuring Troy Van Leeuwen and the building of a double-neck jazzmaster for him.
Full Fender Article here – [link]
There’s a great blog article over on Antiquiet summarizing the events of Nirvana’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame and also a secret aftershow!
Article at Antiquet [click here]
Also another great page of photos from the secret show including shots of John McCauley playing the jag-stang! (photos credited to Keith Marlowe)
Secret Show Photos [click here]
Hey look! It’s another “on his jazzmaster” video from Fender. This time it’s Jim Root on his Signature Jazzmaster.
Queens of the Stone Age’s Troy Van Leeuwen talk about his new signature Jazzmaster in the Fender video below.
Fender Custom Shop has added the 1964 Closet Classic Jazzmaster to the Time Machine Series. Some of the features of this model include:
- Closet Classic Sonic Blue finish with a matching headstock
- vintage-spec pickups
- 7.25″-radius hand-selected rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets
- white amp knobs
- “L Series” neck plate
Fender is expanding it’s line of American Special guitars (introduced in 2010) with the addition of Mustang and the Jazzmaster models. Both look to be available in black and 3-color sunburst and be offered at the $899.99 price point. (1249.99 msrp)
The jazzmaster comes in fairly typical setup with 2 jazzmaster special humbuckers. The mustang is being offered with a HH setup using dual “atomic” humbuckers and the lower pickup switch. Images and links to the Fender pages follow below.