Photo

I want normal Jaguar Single-Coils for my Jaguar HH!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 -Anti-

-Anti-

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Thanks.
Not all Strat pups have the triangular base but... i cut mine off with a craft knife and tucked the wires underneath. The triangular piece serves no purpose really.
Not sure about the parallel business, thats your personal choice. I fitted noiseless DiMarzios (YJM and HS3).

Did you have to reattach the wires to the pickup, or did you just basically cut the part off while leaving the wires attached and rig it underneath?

Also, what type of screws will I need to mount the singles?

#22 Fran

Fran

Senior Member R4

• Members
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Thanks.
Not all Strat pups have the triangular base but... i cut mine off with a craft knife and tucked the wires underneath. The triangular piece serves no purpose really.
Not sure about the parallel business, thats your personal choice. I fitted noiseless DiMarzios (YJM and HS3).

Did you have to reattach the wires to the pickup, or did you just basically cut the part off while leaving the wires attached and rig it underneath?

Also, what type of screws will I need to mount the singles?

No leave the wires alone! Just cut the plastic pointy bit off. You may need longer screws to reach the timber because the routes are deeper. I have a 'bits-box' with all that knid of stuff in but if you dont have any just get a longer set of screws from your local hardware store.

#23 -Anti-

-Anti-

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

Ok, cool. Just out of curiosity, should any of these screws work?

http://www.guitarpar...rews_pickup.htm

I'd prefer to just order the right screws with the pickguard, rather than have to go and try to guess the right size a hardware store. :?

#24 -Anti-

-Anti-

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Should the Jazzmaster Pickup mounting screws on Guitarpartsresource work for mounting the Jaguar pickups?

http://www.guitarpar... ... genfen.htm

#25 tragictravisty

tragictravisty

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

about the polarity, yea, thats how fender does it - one is reverse polarity. Also, if you want to get the noise reduction while still keeping the basic neck pickup tone, you can do a series/parallel mod in place of the bass-cut
most epic quotes ever:
what is the advantage of being in a 3-piece band?
'well, the guitar is much louder.'

I KILL YO FAMIRY! YO FAMIRY!

#26 -Anti-

-Anti-

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

about the polarity, yea, thats how fender does it - one is reverse polarity. Also, if you want to get the noise reduction while still keeping the basic neck pickup tone, you can do a series/parallel mod in place of the bass-cut

Nah. I'll keep the bass cut.

Noise doesn't bother me much. I use single coils in everything, and the 60 cycle hum doesn't bug me on any of my guitars/basses.

As for the polarity, I'll use the Strat mid. pup in the neck, and the Strat bridge pup in the bridge of the Jaguar. They'll be a bit lower output, but I actually prefer that so it all works out.

I just need to find out if the screws I posted above will work to mount the new pickups, and then I can order. :-D

#27 tragictravisty

tragictravisty

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

any news?
most epic quotes ever:

#28 -Anti-

-Anti-

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:23 AM

No, I still can't find the right pickup screws. Angela.com has them, but I don't want to make an order *just* for screws.

I'm still pretty much set on the Strat pups from guitarfetish.com. I'm just waiting to make the order because I'm trying to find the screws.

#29 JaguarOW

JaguarOW

Official President of Josh

• Members
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:50 AM

you can get fender jaguar single coils here http://www.guitarpar...ups_fenderj.htm
Needs tort

#30 Perdie

Perdie

Junior Member R3

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:17 PM

quick question the Jag HH has 1meg pots right?
Signature

#31 Fran

Fran

Senior Member R4

• Members
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Apparently so. .

#32 tragictravisty

tragictravisty

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:01 PM

been a point of debate on this forum, but yes, my stance is that yes. My experience with these guitars is that i own one and have been opening it up on a regular basis to do mods/fix bad soldering points.
most epic quotes ever:

#33 tragictravisty

tragictravisty

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

any news?
most epic quotes ever:

#34 -Anti-

-Anti-

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

Sorry about kind of letting this topic die.

As far as updates go, while I was ready to order back when I made this topic, some crap came up and I ended up having to spend my spare cash on that instead. Now, the neck pickup in my HH is all but dead, and I've got some cash in my pockets again, so I'm actually doing the mod this time. :roll:

I found a deal today on a set of Jaguar pickups. CIJ's for $20 shipped = win. I'm mailing out that payment, and ordering the pickguard+pickup covers tomorrow. I don't have a ton of cash, so I may wait on the knobs and claws. That's an extra $25 for pure cosmetics, which I could spend on a pair of CIJ Jazzmaster pickups instead to stick in my Jagmaster.

I'll post an update once I get the stuff.

Also, to answer the question above, the CIJ Jaguar HH's come with CTS 1M pots stock.

#35 meatpuppet

meatpuppet

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

is the stoptail replaceabek with a jaguar tremolo? without seeing the stoptail holes of course
i'm a hole in this time In a time full of holes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users