Fran

Pics of your Jag-Stangs

523 posts in this topic

I know Fender only made two colors but over the years people have posted pics of modified Jagstangs, warmoth projects and self builds, as far as i know none of this was archived. So lets start getting them in this thread, even if your JS is stock.. post it up!

My two are a stock Sonic Blue reissue except for an orange drop capacitor change and a mahogany self build with a 70's Bronco neck, TOM and Jaguar tailpiece.

IMG_0297.jpg

1 person likes this

what do the mini switches do on the black one fran?

what do the mini switches do on the black one fran?
Nothing lol. They are vanity switches. At a later date i may wire in some onboard FX or something but i'm happy as it is tbh.

Wow Fran,your jagstang is one of the nicest one's I have ever seen.

And here is my 95 jagstang with a hot rail in the bridge.

457.jpg

1 person likes this

l_bfbbed8964da87ff2a4409eb17f7442e.jpg

Polly here is an '04 reissue, stock except for Schaller Strap-locks (and careful set-up for low action and tuning stability).

EMG's?

Yep, SA-1 in the neck, and an 81 in the bridge, wired up to custom switching (pickup selector near the bridge pickup, tone-selector near the neck pickup, with a faux rhythm circuit sound on the forward position, and some odd spitty distortion thing that became of an attempt at a strangle switch in the back position)

As for the guitar itself, I guess it's been long enough to mention what it is. She's a 96', and been my main guitar since 1999. Currently use this one a lot in my present band, actually, I just got finished with rehearsal using just this guitar for about 95% of the songs we played tonight (I used a strat owned by our bassest for a few to test out it's setup).

And what is with the screw?

The original hex screw for the trem bar stripped out after awhile, literally ground down, so I have gone through a succession of screws and rubber bits to hold the bar in place properly. I now have engineered a much more aesthetically pleasing solution, this picture is a little out of date, so maybe I'll post newer ones if I have the time. I also have put the original Jag-Stang knobs back on, when this picture was taken, I had solid shaft 25K pots in it, it now has Knurled replacements. It also does not have the Dymo labels covering the EMG on the pickups, as the EMG logo has long since worn off both, rendering it sort of like if they made an angular 60's Mustang with a bridge humbucker, which was one of the draws to the looks of this guitar initially.

25K pots??? typo?? if not it must be very dark/bassy

Nope, no typo, 25K Pots. EMG pickups use a different potentiometer value than the norm because they are active pickups, as the output is different. The difference is, active pickups are pickups with a preamp installed inside the casing, which is what the 9 volt battery drives. One night I hooked this thing's output Jack up to a Volt Ohmmeter, and found out it throws out 1.34 VOLTS of current when playing something heavy and fast like Thrash metal (!!!). The bridge pickup was hard to clean up till I put a treble bleed cap on it.

As for the sound, it can go from very dark and bassy to a thin bright tele-like twang due to my treble bleed cap mod on the volume knob. as I accidentally installed too high a value and it caused the guitar to thin down just a hair when I back down the volume, and the effect becomes more extreme the farther down I turn the knob, leading to some great jangle on the neck pickup, hence why this one is the main guitar, I can eek most of the tones I need out of it, except the stuff only my Jaguar and Mustang can do because of their unique control schemes and the Jaguar's trem system.

EMG's?

Yep, SA-1 in the neck, and an 81 in the bridge, wired up to custom switching (pickup selector near the bridge pickup, tone-selector near the neck pickup, with a faux rhythm circuit sound on the forward position, and some odd spitty distortion thing that became of an attempt at a strangle switch in the back position)

As for the guitar itself, I guess it's been long enough to mention what it is. She's a 96', and been my main guitar since 1999. Currently use this one a lot in my present band, actually, I just got finished with rehearsal using just this guitar for about 95% of the songs we played tonight (I used a strat owned by our bassest for a few to test out it's setup).

I've always hated EMG's, espeacially in Jag-stangs, but your's.... i don't know, it fits.

Props Sir :-cool

EMG's?

I've always hated EMG's, espeacially in Jag-stangs, but your's.... i don't know, it fits.

Props Sir :-cool

Thanks. The EMG pickups came on the guitar actually, I just changed the wiring as it was done badly (think Electrical tape everywhere). As for it fitting my guitar, that guitar fits me like a foot in the right size shoe, it holds it's own very well in alt-rock territory, but it also screams and shreds where metal is concerned.

Mine's a beat up 1997. The Dynamic Vibrato setup is long gone and the routes have been filled in favor of a tune-o-matic/stop bar tailpiece setup. The trem plate is still there for aesthetic reasons, it's damn ugly without it. The pickups are a Seymour Duncan Great White Strat pickup at the neck and a DiMarzio PAF Pro at the bridge position. It's already been posted a lot, but here it is again with and without the trem plate.

HPIM0202-1.jpg?t=1229388789

P1001023.jpg?t=1229388876

1 person likes this

Thanks man. Sometimes I'll take it off when I restring it and leave it off until the next time it needs to be restrung, but the fill job in the routes isn't flawless. It looks better in pictures than it does close up without the plate.

Did you post under a different name before Purr? Blandest maybe?

Thanks man. Sometimes I'll take it off when I restring it and leave it off until the next time it needs to be restrung, but the fill job in the routes isn't flawless. It looks better in pictures than it does close up without the plate.

Y'know, i think i did, but before that i used "toiletwisp" and forgot the password. Thats in like...2001-02 though.. then i went absent for awhile and came back whenever it was.. so to answer yr question.... maybe.. ha.

Dammmmnn..... It worked!

I forgot all about this name, maybe i'll use it because it has higher # posts haha

I like that idea Rich, i bet it improves sustain.

BLANDEST lol, you was the first guy to answer my first post on this forum about 4 years ago. I remember coz i thought who is this sarcastic cunt.. :lol:

Did'nt you join ss.org a while back too?

I really replied to yr first post, Fran? Wow, thats makes me an oldie around here i guess, tsss.

I think i did go to ss once, but i think i only posted once. The people there were lame at the time.

Oh wow, what a throwback. I'm surprised that account still exists.

I like that idea Rich, i bet it improves sustain.

Thanks Fran. I like the tune-o-matic setup a lot, but I miss the trem sometimes because when I modified the Jag-Stang I had two Mustangs which have since been sold. It would be nice to still have a Mustang trem around.