#1 feedbackismyfriend

feedbackismyfriend

Head of Lo-Fi Recordings

• Members
  • 2,579 posts
  • LocationFreaking SoCal

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

make a threadddddddd wwwaaaahhhh....

So last night I was browsing Foxy's reverb thread, and I recommended that he get a EHX Holy Grail, simply because I had read that Cody Bonnette (one of my musical heroes that 9 out of 10 people have prolly never heard of) used one on As Cities Burn's debut album Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest. I, however, could not remember where I read this, and so I wanted to confirm that it was a reliable statement. While searching google for something that either gave merit to this or discredited it, I got distracted and started watching videos of ACB playing live, and started thinking about how much I wanted to see them live before they unexpectedly (well I didn't expect it anyways) broke up immediately after releasing their last album Hell or High Waters. This made me all sad that I never got to see one of my MUST SEE bands. Since I was in an emo mood at this point I posted so in my original comment recommending a Holy Grail. However, I decided to get back to my original task of confirming that Cody had indeed used a Holy Grail on ACB's debut, this time determined not to get sidetracked. While I did not find anything that either confirmed or denied this, I did find out that Cody has gone solo and that he is now doing some touring of ACB's Hell or High Waters stuff and appears to be writing new stuff (there's a demo of a new song on his myspace) for his solo project Hello HIgh Waters (lame play on the name of ACB's last album). So I'm really freaking excited about this because it is possible that at some point he would play in California (which'd be the closest I'd ever be able to come to seeing ACB live, unless they do a reunion show or get back together in a few years or something) and also it gives me some new music to look forward to hearing. So in my excitement about this I edited it all into my original post (which at this point looks like I was having mood swings). Foxy later replied to my post by saying that he didn't know what the heck I was talking about, but that he wanted me to make a thread about it... so here we are....

Also, here's a video of Cody playing two of As Cities Burn's Hell or High Waters songs solo in Austin, Texas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4py0VwoF0M

I hope you're satisfied Foxy this thread took forever to type....
(PS If people are interested at all I'll post more vids later, I gotta go though)
would it bother you more if we used guns?

#2 foxyloxy

foxyloxy

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia.

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

that was Very Cool, better than i could have hoped for. he dose seam like a very talented person (after all he kept my interest for the entire video with just a tele!).
great sound cool songs, Just Using a SS Peavey and one of those other amp (the name has slipped my mind Atm).
how did you find about them/him?

Gibson SG (Bare Knuckles Cold sweat pups), Death by audio fuzz war, Limited edition cry baby, Black arts toneworks Pharaoh, MI audio BBD, Melekko 616, Boss DD7, Hardwire RV-7 one line out into a EHX HOG into a Hiwatt Higain 100, Marshall1960AX, Second line out of the RV-7 into an Orange Rockerverb 100 MI With a Framas Dragon 4x12 cab (Loaded with Red coat Private Jack speakers).

#3 feedbackismyfriend

feedbackismyfriend

Head of Lo-Fi Recordings

• Members
  • 2,579 posts
  • LocationFreaking SoCal

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

When I was first getting into really heavy music the only band I really listened to was Underoath and I wanted to find other bands I liked. So I decided to see if there were any other good bands on Underoath's label (Solid State Records) and I stumbled upon As Cities Burn in while I was looking at the various artists signed to Solid State (Their first cd was pretty much screamo stuff). While there were definitely bands that were heavier As Cities Burn struck me as one of the most unique bands I'd heard, so I decided to buy their cd and keep an eye on them, to see if they came out with anything new. Then, when there second cd came out, I bought it without even listening to it, it was quite a shock to discover Cody had taken over his brother's responsibilities as lead singer and songwriter (TJ left the band to pursue a better relationship with his wife). After a few spins in my cd player, I got over my initial dismay at the almost complete lack of screaming, and I realized how cool their new stuff was. The music was more complex and creative, and also Cody's lyrics were amazing and the softer singing grew on me pretty fast. And I've been a really big fan ever since.

BTW the other amp is a Pignose
would it bother you more if we used guns?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users