Elias78

My new Jag arrived!! (Warning: Graphics intensive!)

36 posts in this topic

After a hard time locating a non-vintage lefty Jaguar with block inlays/bound neck, thanks to the resident Jag informants here, I managed to get hold of this (can I say, rare?) Olympic white from a store in Japan, making me a proud owner of 2 Jaguars :) Here are some pics to enjoy:

ow.jpg

ow3.jpgow4.jpg

ow2.jpg

I couldn't resist to swap the necks to see how it'd look on my sunburst:

sb.jpgsb4.jpg

sb5.jpg

sb3.jpg

Fender Jaguar Duo:

2jags2.jpg2jags5.jpg

2jags3.jpg

2jags4.jpg

(yeah yeah, I was lazy to put up the strings after the swap *lol*)

I know it looks a little weird with the mismatched neck/body combination *lol* I'll probably switch them back next time. However, not sure whether there's a difference in specs in the necks but the block inlay neck is like 0.5mm (or less) wider than the other neck...and *Jaguar purist look away* ....I sanded it a little to get it to fit into my sunburst neck pocket :lol: Also, I will be changing the CIJ pickups to AV reissue ones like what I did for my sunburst Jag. However, I'll probably be doing some intensive modifications to one of them to make it my main/stage guitar (adding a 3rd pickup, 3-way toggle switch, different wiring, etc). Judging from the difficulty of getting the OW Jaguar with block inlays, I'd probably be doing the mods on the sunburst one. Any suggestions otherwise? :P

nice jags!

binding and blocks on the sunburst is cool, but you must swap the necks back, the white one is just way too pretty with it's original neck.

very very nice new guitar! But yeah you have to swap the necks back, the blocks and binding on white looks soooooo good :-D

That white one's making my mouth water. mmmmmmmmmmm :P

Dan :-D

the '66 reissue is excellent

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!! :) Yeah, I will swap back the neck one of these days. I kinda agree that the neck looks perfect on the white jag. Just curious...what's the difference between Olympic white and Vintage white? My Olympic white looks pretty 'aged' like the vintage white...or are they the same terms?

Oh, before I forget...I must really thank Lambtron for the link to the Japanese store that sells that Jag :) I've gone through lots of trouble (and money) to be able to get hold of that Jag since the shop doesn't deal with non-Japanese/international orders. Let's just say that I had to pay a middleman to have it domestically shipped, and EMSed to my country (Singapore) :lol: You wouldn't wanna know the damage done to my wallet, fellas *LOL* But without Lambtron pointing me in that direction, I wouldn't be able to own a lefty jaguar with block inlays (save for the vintage ones)

Glad you like the guitar, Elias.

I am curious as to the increased costs, though. I'm not 100% sure on this, but ishibashi and taniguchi might be part of the same parent company, and as such, the people I spoke to when buying a guitar didn't charge me a fortune (taking into account shipping, etc). I don't think anyone at taniguchi speaks English, though there are people at Ishibashi that certainly do.

On a side note where did you get a duvet set in the Spetsnaz colour scheme?

Lambtron, I've actually checked with Ishibashi on the availability of a lefty block jag (and even showed them Taniguchi's link of the block jaggies) but unfortunately, they revealed that the model is exclusively available through Taniguchi. My first jag was purchased from Ishibashi and had a very good impression of their fast service and all, so I was hoping that I could get the block jag from them. The extra costs incurred were solely due to engaging a third party to help me make the purchase since Taniguchi doesn't deal with International orders. Thus, I had to pay for domestic shipping in Japan, re-packing, EMS shipping to my country, bank transfer fee, and the third party's commission (for doing all the arrangement, etc). Unless you have a friend in Japan or is personally travelling to Japan, there's no way to get that lefty block jag without special arrangements.

By the way, Lambtron...do vintage lefty jags come with a mute as well? And are the mutes made left-handed too? I'm contemplating to add a mute to my white jag to complete the look :twisted:

As for the artic camo 'duvet', it's just a huge piece of cloth with a camo design that I bought from a local DIY store that sells all kinds of cloth, materials, accessories, etc for your own handiwork. I don't sleep on it though :lol:

good idea, someone might not see you there and sit on you

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying the Taniguchi aspect, Elias.

I've never seen a lefty mute, and I'm quite sure none were ever made. Seeing as even tailpieces were righthanded, I'd assume that if any lefty wanted a mute, only right hand versions would be available.

Rick's the expert on vintage jags here, but I'm sure even he'd tell you that he's never seen one.

Personally I wouldn't look for one in the first place. I can appreciate your wanting to tinker around with your new baby, but it'll probably just be a passing fad that you'll eventually grow out of anyway. Forgive me if that sounds patronising.

No offense taken, Lambtron :) In fact, thanks for the sound opinion :) Yeah, it may be a passing fad that I'd grow out of...can't help it especially when a lefty is concerned and everything's made for the righty people. I'm sure you'd understand that *lol* Just like how I'd love to see a full Fender Jaguar decal on my headstock...but I'm not planning to hunt high and low for the mute part though. More of curiosity. Thanks for the info!

Bound necks truly are teh awesomest. Nice geets!

nice

i don't like bound and blocked necks with suinburst, i've decided, but it look sgood with white

i usually don't like blocks and binding with anything though.

Very nice indeed, well done.

:-D

ow.jpg

That really, really makes me want to get a bound neck for my white/tort Jazzmaster, it looks SO damn good..

Gee...you guys really made me appreciate my Jags even more! :lol: Thanks for all the sweet comments!

Once I put in the aged AV reissue pickups, they'll match the Olympic white body :) Just curious, how big a difference will it make if I throw in CTS pots to replace the Japanese ones? I know the shafts are wider than the stock Japanese ones though...any drawbacks other than the need to widen the holes on the control plate?

*just notices topic*

YOU #### CUNT!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I SEARCHED FOR ONE! LEFTY JAG!!!???? YOU BASTARD *fades out into mumbeling*

*just notices topic*

YOU #### CUNT!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I SEARCHED FOR ONE! LEFTY JAG!!!???? YOU BASTARD *fades out into mumbeling*

Never understood a response like this. It borders on narcissism.