64 replies to this topic

#1 yourinalaundryroom

yourinalaundryroom

New Member R1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSt Paul MN, USA

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Hi, I know some people are looking for a 3 way Gibson style toggle control plate for Jaguars. I gave a guy who machines parts my actual control plate and a design that should be a very accurate copy of the ones on the kc jaguar tonight so in the next week or two we will have some extras, 9 to start we will produce more if people need them. If you would like one let me know. they might be stainless but dude might get some brushed chrome(he would have to order it) that is all, happy if we can help out not sure of price yet
  • grungeguy98 likes this

#2 SmutVendetta

SmutVendetta

Senior Member R2

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

Go away. No one here cares to emulate the KC Jaguar.

#3 danny

danny

Member R1

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationRotterdam 010 Holland

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

i got a metal sheet from the local hardware store. (gamma)
screw the old plate over the new one,...and copy it
just cut it with scissor and drill some holes.
the second one i made was near perfect.
it cost me 7 euro's and have spare sheet for like 20 extra more.

+ they are for sale on the www for like 35 euro's

Posted Image
Posted Image

(the only guy who is interested has one already) :wink:
'99 jaguar u.s. modified àla k.c.
'77 mustang u.s. relic

'94 'hotrod' De Ville 2x12 u.s.

#4 danny

danny

Member R1

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

oh well,....why not more pictures.

Posted Image
'77 mustang u.s. relic

#5 yourinalaundryroom

yourinalaundryroom

New Member R1

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

sweet mine will look pretty close will post pics when its done

#6 Robbmonster

Robbmonster

(non-union affiliated) Member

• Members
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

I don't wanna be like Teh Kurdtz. He's a dead drug addict that was married to a lunatic.
  • foxyloxy likes this
my stuff:
2009 Affinity Telecaster (Esquire'd)
2007 Jagmaster (modded)
1999 Affinity Stratocaster (w/ comp stripe)
2008 Deluxe Strat (sweet geet)

Drive CD-200R
Fender Mini Tone-Master

Livingstone E10 MT
Behringer UC200

#7 gilmourish

gilmourish

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

I don't wanna be like Teh Kurdtz. He's a dead drug addict that was married to a lunatic.

Respect for Jason(that is your name isnt it?) +10000

DO NOT CALL ME PONGO!

#8 Robbmonster

Robbmonster

• Members
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:53 PM

Respect for Jason(that is your name isnt it?) +10000

Yeah, it's Jason. Thanks Henry :-D:-D
my stuff:
2007 Jagmaster (modded)

Drive CD-200R
Fender Mini Tone-Master

Livingstone E10 MT
Behringer UC200

#9 danny

danny

Member R1

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

yeah,...its a good thing that Hendrix didn't play a mandolin or banjo.
'77 mustang u.s. relic

#10 polychorus100

polychorus100

Member R2

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

Kurt Cobain Heard His Train a Coming
"Are You Calling Me Darby?"- Kurt Cobain
"No, but you got the same #### probelms,haha."- Pat Smear

#11 F-Spaced

F-Spaced

New Member R1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:14 AM

I never read how Cobain's favorite Jaguar was wired. I know he had a few vintage and reissue Jaguars (vintages mostly for recording) but most concert footage I've seen had him with the "duct-taped" Jaguar(s). I only saw the one with the toggle mod when they did some small appearances on SNL & MTV.

I have Dimarzio replacements in my Jaguar reissue now but I'm thinking of possibly getting it routed and having some Duncan humbuckers thrown in... I already have the pickups and rings and a friend of a friend will route and rewire it for $125. We'll see.

Anyhoot, my point here... the Gibson style toggle seems like a cool mod on a reissue Jaguar "bar-guitar". If I'm out of rhythm and working off the bottom controls it would simplify things a bit.

Now the toggle is obviously in the place of where the neck and bridge on/off switches were. So I assume up is neck, center both, down bridge? Well... depends on how the toggle is set but you get my point.

#12 irish_punk13

irish_punk13

Member R3

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

I don't think anyone here really cares about this.

Also your name pisses me off. Learn grammar.

Cobang was a terrible guitarist.
Stop trying to be like him.

#13 yourinalaundryroom

yourinalaundryroom

New Member R1

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

I never read how Cobain's favorite Jaguar was wired. I know he had a few vintage and reissue Jaguars (vintages mostly for recording) but most concert footage I've seen had him with the "duct-taped" Jaguar(s). I only saw the one with the toggle mod when they did some small appearances on SNL & MTV.

I have Dimarzio replacements in my Jaguar reissue now but I'm thinking of possibly getting it routed and having some Duncan humbuckers thrown in... I already have the pickups and rings and a friend of a friend will route and rewire it for $125. We'll see.

Anyhoot, my point here... the Gibson style toggle seems like a cool mod on a reissue Jaguar "bar-guitar". If I'm out of rhythm and working off the bottom controls it would simplify things a bit.

Now the toggle is obviously in the place of where the neck and bridge on/off switches were. So I assume up is neck, center both, down bridge? Well... depends on how the toggle is set but you get my point.

top is neck on/off
middle is bridge on/off
bottom is bass cut there is a cap attached to it it is my favorite one because it makes the guitar sound wimpy by cutting the bass

#14 imadrid

imadrid

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:33 AM

I don't hang out on this forum much. But I hate that a few people are Trolling at Kurt Cobain guitar mods.

This is a "Jag-Stang Forum" btw and that Jagstang is a Kurt Cobain signature model design in collaboration with Fender. Whether we like it or NOT. People will be attracted to this site. Mainly or in Partly due to Kurt Cobain.

For example if you happen to visit any Strat guitar forums. You'll always find guys trying to copy David Gilmour's Tuxedo Strat mods. Or copy any other famous guitar player's axe. If a Strat guy is making a David Gilmour pickguard replica, routed for that mini toggle switch. Nobody will grind him for that.

I admire "yourinalaundryroom" entrepreneurial spirit. He is just making it easy for people to get that custom Jaguar scratch plate for anyone who wants it. He might make a few bucks but really the demand for it isn't that high.

If you got to your local machine shop. If you don't know a guy in that shop. He would likely charge you an arm and a leg for a single piece of scratch plate. Or more likely get rejected for not being worth their time. Unless you make a minimum volume order of like 50 or 100 pieces.

#15 danny

danny

Member R1

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:01 AM

I don't hang out on this forum much. But I hate that a few people are Trolling at Kurt Cobain guitar mods.

This is a "Jag-Stang Forum" btw and that Jagstang is a Kurt Cobain signature model design in collaboration with Fender. Whether we like it or NOT. People will be attracted to this site. Mainly or in Partly due to Kurt Cobain.

For example if you happen to visit any Strat guitar forums. You'll always find guys trying to copy David Gilmour's Tuxedo Strat mods. Or copy any other famous guitar player's axe. If a Strat guy is making a David Gilmour pickguard replica, routed for that mini toggle switch. Nobody will grind him for that.

I admire "yourinalaundryroom" entrepreneurial spirit. He is just making it easy for people to get that custom Jaguar scratch plate for anyone who wants it. He might make a few bucks but really the demand for it isn't that high.

If you got to your local machine shop. If you don't know a guy in that shop. He would likely charge you an arm and a leg for a single piece of scratch plate. Or more likely get rejected for not being worth their time. Unless you make a minimum volume order of like 50 or 100 pieces.

yeah you got a word for that,....can't remember what it was...
'77 mustang u.s. relic

#16 NathanStang75

NathanStang75

kvlt metalzzz

• Members
  • 2,678 posts
  • LocationSheffield, U.K.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:44 PM

Its probably because we've heard it all before and after a while the same old questions keep popping up. This is why the FAQ's were added but nobody seems to be too bothered to read em.

btw i have a jag-stang and its nothing to do with the fact our Curtis designed it. More due to i think its a cool guitar and can be modded to what i want out of it, not so i can have it the exact way mr Cobain had his.
  • foxyloxy likes this
Is the Tele Bass done yet?

#17 Robbmonster

Robbmonster

• Members
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

Not to mention the fact that when new users sign up and immediately start flogging their wares it amounts to little more than spamming.
my stuff:
2007 Jagmaster (modded)

Drive CD-200R
Fender Mini Tone-Master

Livingstone E10 MT
Behringer UC200

#18 NathanStang75

NathanStang75

kvlt metalzzz

• Members
  • 2,678 posts
  • LocationSheffield, U.K.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

Yeah you know i love it on here when someone says "Hey I've done this to my Jaguar, or, I've done this to my Mustang or Jag-Stang, because I think its cool and it makes it my guitar."

Not "I've done this and put in these pick ups because Kurt Cobain did it and i want my guitars to look like his."

Does'nt happen very often though, not any more. :-hmmm
Is the Tele Bass done yet?

#19 danny

danny

Member R1

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:35 AM

i can imaging that with a warm welcome people might post again.

getting the same topics is boring indeed.

but it happens on every form.

maybe your hanging around to long on this form,...so it gets bored every time with the same questions.
maybe its time to move on when you 'grow' out of this form.

generally speaking.
no offends.

btw.
16 year old kids doesn't have the same interest as 35 year old.
'77 mustang u.s. relic

#20 Robbmonster

Robbmonster

• Members
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

i can imaging that with a warm welcome people might post again.

getting the same topics is boring indeed.

but it happens on every form.

maybe your hanging around to long on this form,...so it gets bored every time with the same questions.
maybe its time to move on when you 'grow' out of this form.

generally speaking.
no offends.

btw.
16 year old kids doesn't have the same interest as 35 year old.

Gotta disagree...

Instead of new members creating the same topics over and over again, they should try using the 'search' function (which is easy to find AND easy to use. I've done it several times).

They are also more likely to get replies to existing threads (if they even need a reply) because there are already people subscribed to it.

It's not a matter of some people 'growing out' of a forum, it's the opposite: new arrivals should learn to appreciate established protocols.

After a while you will realize how irritating it is to read a subject heading 'has anyone ever done this???' and to go into the thread about some one saying about how they want to drop an SD JB into the bridge of their Mustang. Not inspired by Kurt, of course, they just REALLY like the sound of that pickup.
  • foxyloxy likes this
my stuff:
2007 Jagmaster (modded)

Drive CD-200R
Fender Mini Tone-Master

Livingstone E10 MT
Behringer UC200

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users