paltic

Fender Blacktop Series

60 posts in this topic

that Jazzy looks so freaking sick......

that Jazzy looks so freaking sick......

...and for the awesome price and limited run(soon a discontinued model) = win

this forum can be so slow :lol: I saw them a while back... but i didn't see the appeal really. I would rather a standard classic players jazzy anyday... the jags look cool though

I dont like them. To me Fender have taken some classic models (in this case the Jag and Jazzy) and raped them so they can sell them at an affordable price. They look like glorified Jagmasters to me. The Jag is terrible; No rhythm circuit, no tremolo, no chrome... and wtf is it with odd pickups in the Jazzy?throwup.gif

I dont like them. To me Fender have taken some classic models (in this case the Jag and Jazzy) and raped them so they can sell them at an affordable price. They look like glorified Jagmasters to me. The Jag is terrible; No rhythm circuit, no tremolo, no chrome... and wtf is it with odd pickups in the Jazzy?throwup.gif

'raped' :lol: i agree that nothing beats the jm classic player and yeah i can see the jagmaster resembance but it has a certain appeal for some people. i personally dig the jm...the jags suck though(its not worth calling 'jaguar')

I don't care what you guys say. For me, this is a way to get the guitar I always wanted at a price I can actually afford (bearing in mind the Classic Player ones are still too expensive). I don't care about the pickups or the lack of rhythm circuit on the Jazzy either... Funny how everyone thought it was a good idea when the Thurston and Lee Jazzys came out. :lol:

I agree the Jaguar is crap though. No way is that a Jag at all.

how much are these going to be in sterling then? can they really be that much cheaper than the classic players?

$450 is about 290, so yeah, I guess you could say they're quite a bit cheaper. :lol:

That's ridiculous. Why do Americans get stuff for literally about half the price?

That's ridiculous. Why do Americans get stuff for literally about half the price?

Mark-up for distribution costs most likely. They're probably made in Mexico like the classic players etc so import/ export isn't as costly as getting them to the UK or Europe. That's why Luke has trouble buying gear, 'cause everything's made elsewhere and it costs a fuckton to get it to Australia.

Use your brain dude and buy a second hand CIJ. These are sh!te and will cost you more anyways.

Yeah, a secondhand CIJ would be cheaper but they're still too much. It's just annoying because apparently in the USA these are gonna be cheaper than the Fender standard line... Whereas here they're gonna be twice as much. Even if they have to mark up the prices because of shipping costs, how come you can get a standard (MIM?) Strat or Tele for like 300?

Even if they have to mark up the prices because of shipping costs, how come you can get a standard (MIM?) Strat or Tele for like 300?

Simple answer: these are new.

I guess. I wonder how "limited" they're actually going to be.

Pfffft.

God i cant wait for people to buy these. Its the beginning of the end.

Guitar manufacturing of late is like the KFC of the fast food industry, these blacktop models are like a 'family bucket'... Cant afford a proper meal? We'll throw some beans in with a sh!tload of fries and 4th rate chicken just about legally fit enough to feed your cat with.

No class, tradition lost, cheap, substandard garbage. First Highway One, then the CP range, now this... Fender is finished. Its 1980 all over again (Lou will remember).

Image over quality. Do yourselves a favor, buy Japanese made guitars from 78-84 (matsumoku, fujen gakki, matsumotu, etc) Fender and Gibson sh!t themselves back then, lawsuits were filed and eventually they bought these companies out Because they made better instruments. You can still buy old Tokai, Ibanez, Antoria, Cimar, Aria Pro II, Westone, Westbury, Yamaha fairly cheap as well... srsly, check em out. ;)

i think the jag is meant to be like kurt cobains...ie no complex switches.

Er... no? Kurt's had 2 of the 2-way switches replaced with 1 3-way switch, everything else was the same controls-wise, it still had the bass cut and the rhythm circuit. Oh wait, no, he also ADDED an extra tone control.

The only one of these I like even remotely is the Jazzmaster. The others might as well just be Les Paul Specials for all they've got going for them. They don't even look nice.

I just found this thread.

I really don't like these guitars, it's a problem I and others have been griping about for ages, the fact that Fender - as much as we love them - are just completely devoid of new ideas, and are content to just bastardize established models in order to move more units.

What was the last 'unique' design Fender came out with? The Cyclone? Toronado? I wish they would come up with some new ideas, totally new guitars that still maintain the Fender vibe.

Guitars like the Jag-Stang, Cyclone, and Toronado were discontinued before they even got a chance to find their niche. Heck, if it wasn't for Teh Kurdtz, even the little Mustang probably would have faded into obscurity by now (feel free to argue this point, but I think it's true).

Er... no? Kurt's had 2 of the 2-way switches replaced with 1 3-way switch, everything else was the same controls-wise, it still had the bass cut and the rhythm circuit. Oh wait, no, he also ADDED an extra tone control.

The only one of these I like even remotely is the Jazzmaster. The others might as well just be Les Paul Specials for all they've got going for them. They don't even look nice.

besides the rhyth mcircuit it is based on (or simply similar to) KC's jag

2 humbukers and a 3 way switch (or this isnt a 3 way switch but somethin else i see over there?)

besides the rhyth mcircuit it is based on (or simply similar to) KC's jag

2 humbukers and a 3 way switch (or this isnt a 3 way switch but somethin else i see over there?)

It is a 3-way switch.

I very much doubt they've thought "let's base this on Kurt's Jag" seeing as HH Jags have been around in a couple of different forms for years now. And the Classic Player one already looks FAR more similar to his:

fender%20jaguar-128131904057836410.jpg

I just found this thread.

I really don't like these guitars, it's a problem I and others have been griping about for ages, the fact that Fender - as much as we love them - are just completely devoid of new ideas, and are content to just bastardize established models in order to move more units.

What was the last 'unique' design Fender came out with? The Cyclone? Toronado? I wish they would come up with some new ideas, totally new guitars that still maintain the Fender vibe.

Guitars like the Jag-Stang, Cyclone, and Toronado were discontinued before they even got a chance to find their niche. Heck, if it wasn't for Teh Kurdtz, even the little Mustang probably would have faded into obscurity by now (feel free to argue this point, but I think it's true).

Where was that posted?

I agree with it.

There has been some heated threads about this on Shortscale as well.