Photo

Mustang Bridge Saddle Spring Screw Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HavokThunder

HavokThunder

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

Dont know if this is the right place to post or at the Mustang section but

I was adjusting the intonation on my Mustang Bridge, I kept turning and the spring popped out from the saddle and screw and it won't screw back on with the same force it use to.

I went ahead and tried to see if I can figure out by doing the same thing on the saddle right next to see if something was missing that probably flew and the same thing happened.

I cant get the spring to apply the force it use to with the screw and the saddle. So if anyone knows how to fix this or if there is a special technique on doing this because I can't get the spring tighten again.

thank you

#2 Marlonmm

Marlonmm

Member R2

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

Can't imagine your issue with the mustang bridge.

Pics would help.
Peace, Love, Music

#3 HNB

HNB

Senior Member R2

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPuyallup

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Dont know if this is the right place to post or at the Mustang section but

I was adjusting the intonation on my Mustang Bridge, I kept turning and the spring popped out from the saddle and screw and it won't screw back on with the same force it use to.

I went ahead and tried to see if I can figure out by doing the same thing on the saddle right next to see if something was missing that probably flew and the same thing happened.

I cant get the spring to apply the force it use to with the screw and the saddle. So if anyone knows how to fix this or if there is a special technique on doing this because I can't get the spring tighten again.

thank you

I had that issue with a Mustang bridge. I picked up new saddles with screws and springs and put those in to the bridge and got rid of the old ones. The screw wasn't grabbing in to the saddles like it should have with mine. New saddles with screws and springs worked great.
  • HavokThunder likes this

-[Christopher]-

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users