Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nicolas

help, check this !!

11 posts in this topic

why is the tailpiece totally straigh on my jag-stang, but visibly angled ( toward the bridge direction) on my mustang ? ??

dsc01073nt9.jpg

dsc01074fl7.jpg

bah no, i removed the ''metal plate'' to take a look, and the springs are in good condition, theres a lot of tension.

i even wonder if theres too much tension on the metal plate, after all only a couple of screws are holding it on the body of the guitar.

Hmmm, well maybe the tailpiece poles need to be lowerd some, they do look a little high compared to the ones on the Jagstang. And as long as you have all 5 screws in the bridge plate, it should be fine.

hum yes, the tailpiece on my jagstang is lower, we can even notice it on the pics i posted,

i got the right allen key, ill try to lower it a bit.

Or what you might have to do is, lossen the strings, pull the plate, unhook the springs from the poles, lower the with them with your fingers, rehook the springs, i think there is two slots in which the spring could go, use the lowest setting if not already there, the tailpiece the should have alot on tention on it, holding it in place leaning towards the back of the plate, reassemble, restring/tune. The tailpice should only raise a little, I have all mine slightly leaning back on all my Stangs. And this is the procedure i did to ajust it.

earlier, when i pulled the plate out, i noticed there was 3 slots in which the springs can go, and the springs were settled on the higher ones,

so i think this is my prob,

wait a minute, ill take it out again and post a pic

just for more information, how old are the strings on the mustang compared to the jagstang?

they are brand new on the mustang, and about 1 month old on the jagstang, and they are both 10's d'addario

ok look

dsc01077gh4.jpg

so where should i set the springs ? in the middle ? or in the lowest position ?

also, it doesnt seem easy to unhook the springs, they are quiet rigid

edit: actually, the position of the springs is not the problem. i removed the plate on my jag-stang also, and it is set the same way.

the lowest position is what i use. so i dont know, try it anyway. Its leaning foward, so you need more tention to pull it back.