27 replies to this topic

#1 johnnykazz

johnnykazz

Member R3

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationReading, PA

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

Just wanted to see if anyone is interested and if you will I will upload them to the internet:

I traded a full 22-song set Nirvana DVD from 1989 to someone over the internet for a high-quality direct-from-cassette
Fecal Matter "Illiteracy Will Prevail" demo on CD. It sounds incredible considering Kurt and Dale recorded it on a 4-track.
I can rip them from the CD I have into FLAC files and 320Kbs MP3 files (for those who don't know/want FLAC). It's a really
interesting demo tape IMO due to Kurt not being under influence and pressure of record labels. This is just a pure, raw demo
recorded onto a cassette. No studio enhancement, just Kurt and Dale heavily influenced by the epic Scratch Acid and Black Flag.
Awesome punk rock demo. Let me know if anyone is interested.

P.s. - Please save the "teh kurdtzzzzzzfkdjasflks" because if that's what I am to you than I'll accept it and move on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

The original Fecal Matter cassette insert that Kurt made when they finished this listed the first 6 tracks included with this download. It is rumored that 16 songs were recorded during this sitting, but again they are extremely hard to find and are no where near the quality that these are. What you are downloading are what Fecal Matter intended this demo to feature: the first 6 songs. You are also downloading two additional tracks from this sitting (Track 7 - Downer, Track 8 - Insurance). So, as far as what the demo was intended to be, this is complete. However, there are 8 other songs that were recorded during this session that can be found on the internet, again, in ####ty quality. Track 5, "Class Of '86", is also known as "Buffy's Pregnant" due to the lyrics containing a line of this. It is actually called "Class Of '86". (See original tape insert that was drawn up by Kurt himself)
Here is the first upload I finished. These are the MP3 versions. The FLAC files are huge, so I'll upload those tomorrow or whenever I get a chance, but here we are:

*Info*

Posted Image

Artist: Fecal Matter
Album: Illiteracy Will Prevail
Year: 1985?
Bit-Rate: 320Kbs
Frequency Rate: 48000hz

Download link: http://www.mediafire...ho36bxndweb1hz4

*Info*

Posted Image

Artist: Fecal Matter
Album: Illiteracy Will Prevail
Year: 1985?
Bit-Rate: Infinite
Frequency Rate: 96000hz

Download link: Coming soon

Posted Image

"Filthy tight, the dress is filthy. I'm falling flat and my arms are empty."

#2 HNB

HNB

Senior Member R2

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPuyallup

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

Just wanted to see if anyone is interested and if you will I will upload them to the internet:

I traded a full 22-song set Nirvana DVD from 1989 to someone over the internet for a high-quality direct-from-cassette
Fecal Matter "Illiteracy Will Prevail" demo on CD. It sounds incredible considering Kurt and Dale recorded it on a 4-track.
I can rip them from the CD I have into FLAC files and 320Kbs MP3 files (for those who don't know/want FLAC). It's a really
interesting demo tape IMO due to Kurt not being under influence and pressure of record labels. This is just a pure, raw demo
recorded onto a cassette. No studio enhancement, just Kurt and Dale heavily influenced by the epic Scratch Acid and Black Flag.
Awesome punk rock demo. Let me know if anyone is interested.

P.s. - Please save the "teh kurdtzzzzzzfkdjasflks" because if that's what I am to you than I'll accept it and move on.

Sounds really cool! :)

-[Christopher]-

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

#3 johnnykazz

johnnykazz

Member R3

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationReading, PA

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

Sounds really cool! :)

It's rad man! I'll upload it shortly.
BTW, your new Mustang project turned out great!

Posted Image

#4 HNB

HNB

Senior Member R2

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPuyallup

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

It's rad man! I'll upload it shortly.
BTW, your new Mustang project turned out great!

Thanks! I am excited to get some wall mounts. My guitar room is so small it is hard to have all of them out at the same time.... LOL

-[Christopher]-

#5 johnnykazz

johnnykazz

Member R3

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationReading, PA

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

Thanks! I am excited to get some wall mounts. My guitar room is so small it is hard to have all of them out at the same time.... LOL

Hahaha, your list of guitars in your signature is crazy, I wish I had that many! Every one you own is a gem man, I hope you enjoy every one of them. My next purchase is probably going to be a Twin Reverb amp and a Peavey ValveKing 212 so I can run a Lehle A/B switch to have my cleans through the Twin Reverb and my dirts through the ValveKing. After putting better tubes in both amps, I would eventually like to get a Mustang and a Univox Hi-Flier.

Posted Image

#6 johnnykazz

johnnykazz

Member R3

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationReading, PA

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

I updated the original post with a download to the MP3 version for now and some more info on what's included.

Posted Image

#7 HNB

HNB

Senior Member R2

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPuyallup

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

I updated the original post with a download to the MP3 version for now and some more info on what's included. Hahaha, your list of guitars in your signature is crazy, I wish I had that many! Every one you own is a gem man, I hope you enjoy every one of them. My next purchase is probably going to be a Twin Reverb amp and a Peavey ValveKing 212 so I can run a Lehle A/B switch to have my cleans through the Twin Reverb and my dirts through the ValveKing. After putting better tubes in both amps, I would eventually like to get a Mustang and a Univox Hi-Flier.

Very cool! Thanks for the compliments on the guitars. :) I like the Univox as well. I thought about getting one, but I will have to wait a bit. I still hope to get either a Sonic Blue Mustang or Jagstang as well. If I get another Mustang I will likely put a hotrail in instead of doing a route again for variation. If I get another Jagstang I might leave it stock just for fun.... or mod it more than my Fiesta Red one. :)

Those amps sound cool. I kind of want a DeVille. :)

-[Christopher]-

#8 Marlonmm

Marlonmm

Member R2

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

I thank you for this.
Peace, Love, Music

#9 johnnykazz

johnnykazz

Member R3

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationReading, PA

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

Very cool! Thanks for the compliments on the guitars. :) I like the Univox as well. I thought about getting one, but I will have to wait a bit. I still hope to get either a Sonic Blue Mustang or Jagstang as well. If I get another Mustang I will likely put a hotrail in instead of doing a route again for variation. If I get another Jagstang I might leave it stock just for fun.... or mod it more than my Fiesta Red one. :)

Those amps sound cool. I kind of want a DeVille. :)

Yeah the DeVille's are cool! I played one at Guitar Center. Sweet tone man. I would probably have everything I want if I can just kick this darn cigarette habit! :( Worst mistake I ever made.

Posted Image

#10 johnnykazz

johnnykazz

Member R3

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationReading, PA

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

I thank you for this.

:)

Posted Image

#11 polychorus100

polychorus100

Member R2

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

very intrested but sadly im at school and cannot download them. i also have no computer. can please email them to me if you can. jagstang100@gmail.com
"Are You Calling Me Darby?"- Kurt Cobain
"No, but you got the same #### probelms,haha."- Pat Smear

#12 HNB

HNB

Senior Member R2

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPuyallup

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

Yeah the DeVille's are cool! I played one at Guitar Center. Sweet tone man. I would probably have everything I want if I can just kick this darn cigarette habit! :( Worst mistake I ever made.

I hear ya. It is an expensive habit. (So is my guitar fetish.) I am hoping to pick it up next year. Gotta save money. :)

-[Christopher]-

#13 SD238

SD238

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

can someone reupload the mp3 version please?

and when is the Flac version going to be posted?

#14 FokkerTISM

FokkerTISM

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

Can anyone who downloaded this before it ewas removed please reupload it?

#15 johnnykazz

johnnykazz

Member R3

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationReading, PA

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Can anyone who downloaded this before it ewas removed please reupload it?

Sorry, I've been busy and didn't realize so many people were interested in this.
I'm the one who uploaded the original and still have both MP3 and FLAC versions.
What versions do you guys want and what site is easiest for you to download from?

Posted Image

#16 SD238

SD238

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

Can you put them on megaupload or torrent in flac please?

#17 johnnykazz

johnnykazz

Member R3

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationReading, PA

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

Can you put them on megaupload or torrent in flac please?

http://www.mediafire...8md1npy1c6uabi1

Here is the original demo in FLAC.
I actually have collected all 16 of the tracks that were
rumored to have been recorded during these takes. I tried to
save myself some time but I thought for now you guys should
listen to the demo how it was originally intended to be heard.
If you like it, I will upload the 9 other tracks. Enjoy :)

Posted Image

#18 SD238

SD238

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

This is great. are the 9 other tracks directly from the tape? or are they the bad quality ones circurlating

Thank You.

#19 FokkerTISM

FokkerTISM

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

Can you please upload the other 9 tracks from the tape?

#20 keblen

keblen

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

All links are dead.

Johnnykazz4l please, can you seed them again ? and if you can upload all the 16 songs, FLAC or 320 MP3 (FLAC is preferable in order to convert it by our own device), that would be great !!!!

Thanks by advance, bye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users