Photo

I gotta mustang Lying around and i wanna mod it but im lost on ideas :O!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jake Lane

Jake Lane

Junior Member R3

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can be alone :/

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

Soooooooooo guys i have ----> Posted Image Posted Image
and im modding it for a gig guitar, whatcha think i should do with it??? Dont say depends on your budget. i wanna hear some killer ideas guys :D
Same as it ever was! :o

#2 cobainjagstang123

cobainjagstang123

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Bareknuckle pickup's Mississipi queen humbucker in the bridge. maybe get rid of the switch system and put in a 3 way toggle. Some locking tuners. Thats all I would really do
Punk and Skate!
Posted Image

#3 mustang222

mustang222

Junior Member R3

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

just kurtify this bad boy. Ask a good ''luthier'' to make you a good pickguard and put a white humbuker+the white pieces in it i am doing mine right now.
gear
Fender telecaster 2009 mexico
squire bullet strat 2010 china
esp ltd f-50 2004 indonesia
fender mustang 65 ri 2009 japan

fender mustang II 40 w
pevea amp 20 w

#4 HNB

HNB

Senior Member R2

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPuyallup

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

I am thinking of putting a black pickguard on mine and adding a hotrail in the bridge. Nothing crazy, but fun to play.

-[Christopher]-

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

#5 Jake Lane

Jake Lane

Junior Member R3

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:02 AM

One thing you must get straight, no kurtification whatsoever XD just wanna get that straight. i want something original :o

#6 Doug

Doug

Robert Johnson is my muse.

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy for now

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

It depends on two things, Jake.

First, if it's a true vintage Mustang, get it appraised and trade it for a reissue plus cash to do your mods. Pictures look like it might be a reissue. If so, proceed...

Second, how you mod depends upon what qualities you want (or what qualities you want to get rid of).

Assume your mod has been successful...what do you love about your modded 'Stang?
Doug

#7 Jake Lane

Jake Lane

Junior Member R3

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

It's not vintage, its a 2005 x3 i wanna make it into a nice rhythm guitar for gigs :D

#8 Doug

Doug

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

It's not vintage, its a 2005 x3 i wanna make it into a nice rhythm guitar for gigs :D

Good. That info will help the tech-savvy members of this forum offer the most useful suggestions. Wish I could help more but I'm pretty tech lame. :-hmmm
Doug

#9 Mad-Mike

Mad-Mike

Hostile Offset Takeover Worldwide!

• Members
  • 1,031 posts
  • LocationLynnwood,WA

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

Really depends on what sound you're after. You playing mostly clean or distorted? Do you need more of a "chunk" or more of a jangly single coil sound.

If I had a mustang laying around, I'd stealthily hide an old hotrail pickup under the bridge pickup cover (the older hot rails somehow can fit in Mustang covers, some guy at Shortscale did that a few years ago), wire one pickup switch for pickup selection, and the other for some neato tonal options (series/parallel, phasing, coil tap, and so on).

As for my choice in colors, probably black pearloid with black pickup covers and switches, but that's my preference.

My Stuff
My Demos N' Stuff
My Youtube Page

Zombie Jihad (Lead Guitarist) - www.facebook.com/zombiejihad

#10 Doug

Doug

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Really depends on what sound you're after. You playing mostly clean or distorted? Do you need more of a "chunk" or more of a jangly single coil sound.

If I had a mustang laying around, I'd stealthily hide an old hotrail pickup under the bridge pickup cover (the older hot rails somehow can fit in Mustang covers, some guy at Shortscale did that a few years ago), wire one pickup switch for pickup selection, and the other for some neato tonal options (series/parallel, phasing, coil tap, and so on).

As for my choice in colors, probably black pearloid with black pickup covers and switches, but that's my preference.

Nice, Mike, on all yer suggestions.

Wonder if I can get a hotrails under the pup cover of my Duo-Sonic?
Doug

#11 HNB

HNB

Senior Member R2

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPuyallup

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

Nice, Mike, on all yer suggestions.

Wonder if I can get a hotrails under the pup cover of my Duo-Sonic?

Those pickups don't have a removable cover like strats tend to so I don't think it would fit under a duo-sonic or mustang pup cover, but I could be wrong. If you try it out, let us know. :) Hotrails have blade style pickups if I remember right and the plastic cover doesn't come off like one with poles.

-[Christopher]-

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

#12 Jag-stang

Jag-stang

Junior Member R1

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:44 AM

Piano wire stings!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic