Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jake Lane

I gotta mustang Lying around and i wanna mod it but im lost on ideas :O!

12 posts in this topic

Soooooooooo guys i have ----> img0039hg.jpgimg0036o.png

and im modding it for a gig guitar, whatcha think i should do with it??? Dont say depends on your budget. i wanna hear some killer ideas guys :D

Bareknuckle pickup's Mississipi queen humbucker in the bridge. maybe get rid of the switch system and put in a 3 way toggle. Some locking tuners. Thats all I would really do

just kurtify this bad boy. Ask a good ''luthier'' to make you a good pickguard and put a white humbuker+the white pieces in it i am doing mine right now.

I am thinking of putting a black pickguard on mine and adding a hotrail in the bridge. Nothing crazy, but fun to play.

One thing you must get straight, no kurtification whatsoever XD just wanna get that straight. i want something original :o

It depends on two things, Jake.

First, if it's a true vintage Mustang, get it appraised and trade it for a reissue plus cash to do your mods. Pictures look like it might be a reissue. If so, proceed...

Second, how you mod depends upon what qualities you want (or what qualities you want to get rid of).

Assume your mod has been successful...what do you love about your modded 'Stang?

It's not vintage, its a 2005 x3 i wanna make it into a nice rhythm guitar for gigs :D

It's not vintage, its a 2005 x3 i wanna make it into a nice rhythm guitar for gigs :D

Good. That info will help the tech-savvy members of this forum offer the most useful suggestions. Wish I could help more but I'm pretty tech lame. :-hmmm

Really depends on what sound you're after. You playing mostly clean or distorted? Do you need more of a "chunk" or more of a jangly single coil sound.

If I had a mustang laying around, I'd stealthily hide an old hotrail pickup under the bridge pickup cover (the older hot rails somehow can fit in Mustang covers, some guy at Shortscale did that a few years ago), wire one pickup switch for pickup selection, and the other for some neato tonal options (series/parallel, phasing, coil tap, and so on).

As for my choice in colors, probably black pearloid with black pickup covers and switches, but that's my preference.

Really depends on what sound you're after. You playing mostly clean or distorted? Do you need more of a "chunk" or more of a jangly single coil sound.

If I had a mustang laying around, I'd stealthily hide an old hotrail pickup under the bridge pickup cover (the older hot rails somehow can fit in Mustang covers, some guy at Shortscale did that a few years ago), wire one pickup switch for pickup selection, and the other for some neato tonal options (series/parallel, phasing, coil tap, and so on).

As for my choice in colors, probably black pearloid with black pickup covers and switches, but that's my preference.

Nice, Mike, on all yer suggestions.

Wonder if I can get a hotrails under the pup cover of my Duo-Sonic?

Nice, Mike, on all yer suggestions.

Wonder if I can get a hotrails under the pup cover of my Duo-Sonic?

Those pickups don't have a removable cover like strats tend to so I don't think it would fit under a duo-sonic or mustang pup cover, but I could be wrong. If you try it out, let us know. :) Hotrails have blade style pickups if I remember right and the plastic cover doesn't come off like one with poles.

Piano wire stings!