4 replies to this topic

#1 foxyloxy

foxyloxy

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia.

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

Hi gang, it's been a while I've been very busy working and playing music but yesterday I spent about 11 hours straight working on this song. give it a listen and tell me what you think.
Only scrap metal and guitars where used in the making of this music.
http://soundcloud.co...house-targaryen

Gibson SG (Bare Knuckles Cold sweat pups), Death by audio fuzz war, Limited edition cry baby, Black arts toneworks Pharaoh, MI audio BBD, Melekko 616, Boss DD7, Hardwire RV-7 one line out into a EHX HOG into a Hiwatt Higain 100, Marshall1960AX, Second line out of the RV-7 into an Orange Rockerverb 100 MI With a Framas Dragon 4x12 cab (Loaded with Red coat Private Jack speakers).

#2 brandonwinmill

brandonwinmill

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Locationlouisiana

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:08 AM

I like it. It has a tool feel. It would make a great transition in between 2 songs or as background music when a band enters. I don't know if i would sing over it. You could certainly sample movies and put the words over it or chant over it. Well done. I am wrapping one up myself and i spent hours on the feedback to get it right and it still isn't exactly where i want it. All i have left is to sing and i'm intimidated by singing. I may have to get smashed and then sing! ha. Thanks for letting me check it out, as i said, it's great man. I have the instrumental part of mine basically done and uploaded as a video and i can put it somewhere if you want to hear it.
i got some john the conqueror root

#3 foxyloxy

foxyloxy

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

I like it. It has a tool feel. It would make a great transition in between 2 songs or as background music when a band enters. I don't know if i would sing over it. You could certainly sample movies and put the words over it or chant over it. Well done. I am wrapping one up myself and i spent hours on the feedback to get it right and it still isn't exactly where i want it. All i have left is to sing and i'm intimidated by singing. I may have to get smashed and then sing! ha. Thanks for letting me check it out, as i said, it's great man. I have the instrumental part of mine basically done and uploaded as a video and i can put it somewhere if you want to hear it.

I would love to hear it! I know what you mean with singing. that's sort of why i make music that has no place for vocals so i don't have to worry about it so much. I have had this Ideal to take some loops from audio books and place that over the song, but it's going to take time, Ill also get around to remixing some time. it's really hard to get the exact idea you have in the final product, but don't get to caught up in trying to nail it the exact way you first thought of it a song always needs room to evolve. Shoot me a PM when it's done :)

Gibson SG (Bare Knuckles Cold sweat pups), Death by audio fuzz war, Limited edition cry baby, Black arts toneworks Pharaoh, MI audio BBD, Melekko 616, Boss DD7, Hardwire RV-7 one line out into a EHX HOG into a Hiwatt Higain 100, Marshall1960AX, Second line out of the RV-7 into an Orange Rockerverb 100 MI With a Framas Dragon 4x12 cab (Loaded with Red coat Private Jack speakers).

#4 brandonwinmill

brandonwinmill

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Locationlouisiana

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

41 hours of vocals and 46 hours of guitar and...done! I finished it and i sang. It took forever for a 5 minute song!! I wrote some instrumentals too that got picked up for a movie, so that's neat. Writing a song and playing all the instruments is a #### load of work! At this pace, i should have my entire demo done by ...a long time from now!
i got some john the conqueror root

#5 smithaaren

smithaaren

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

I love song list:

01-We Found Love–Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris
02-Sexy And I Know It–LMFAO
03-It Will Rain–Bruno Mars
04-The One That Got Away–Katy Perry
05-Good Feeling–Flo Rida.