LIFE

Your rig?

1,123 posts in this topic

So do I but I find it more wrong when you ask those bands if you can let people listen to the songs you wrote done by them and they kindly tell y ou to " get the #### outta her no way man sorry "....But hey I made the money and as Life said time to stop workin and start practicing!

So do I but I find it more wrong when you ask those bands if you can let people listen to the songs you wrote done by them and they kindly tell y ou to " get the #### outta her no way man sorry "....But hey I made the money and as Life said time to stop workin and start practicing!

so you wrote all these songs, but you're somehow not allowed to link to the band's site on here?? errrr...hmmm...

why not just link to their myspace pages - it's not like they can trace anything back here?

Either that or this guy is lying through his teeth..

Several grand's worth of gear at the age of 15 all from oddjobs and riff-writing at 10 bucks a pop? Yeah, right.

Mines really basic, a lot less pedals than the previous band i played in:

Fender Jazzmaster>Zoom 507 reverb/delay>Marshall DSL401 combo.

The previous band i used....

Fender Jaguar>Boss SD-1>Boss HM-2, MXR Blue Box>Marshall Chorus>Boss PS-3>Boss DD-6>Zoom 507>Marshall DSL401 combo.

All I'm using live at the moment is:

Alden Quadra Star -> guitar lead -> AC30

ay all my #### is used basically and gotten through some nice wheeling and dealing with the kind folks at guitarcenters back door...and the most expensive items where two gifts my Gibson Townshend was a Birthday gift from my moms friend and my Fender SRV was also a gift I got for my graduation. So there goes 5 grand off just two guitars ha,the plexi I got cheap used,my first vintage stang I got for 600 on ebay with hoiliday money,one vintage white stang was just gave to me basically sold and bought back,red stang I got with graduation money,The Jaguar was a gift,and the pedals where easy to get. Oh the schecter was my first guitar got for 200 bucks,So most it was gift or money from working/graduation or Hoilidays it wasnt all entirely from working and barely any of it is very new.

ay all my #### is used basically and gotten through some nice wheeling and dealing with the kind folks at guitarcenters back door...and the most expensive items where two gifts my Gibson Townshend was a Birthday gift from my moms friend and my Fender SRV was also a gift I got for my graduation. So there goes 5 grand off just two guitars ha,the plexi I got cheap used,my first vintage stang I got for 600 on ebay with hoiliday money,one vintage white stang was just gave to me basically sold and bought back,red stang I got with graduation money,The Jaguar was a gift,and the pedals where easy to get. Oh the schecter was my first guitar got for 200 bucks,So most it was gift or money from working/graduation or Hoilidays it wasnt all entirely from working and barely any of it is very new.

By "Gibson Townshend" do you mean THE "No1" Les Paul? If so what on earth did you do for your mom's friend that made her go and buy you that?!? Also, can you introduce me to her she sounds like my kind of woman.

no no by Gibson Townshend I mean the Gibson Custom Shop Pete Townshend SG it was made back in the late 90's I think it was discountinued in 2002,what did I do to get it I wrote and played a lenghty guitar solo for her :lol: shes a millionair and basically told me go in to guitar center and pick any guitar you want its yours.

2mustangsandmyTownshendSG.jpg

THERES A PICTURE ON THE FAR RIGHT IN A SKB HARD CASE....When I find my damn digital camera I will take some more if you dont belive me...its number 158 of 250 in the world,if you met the women you would know Im not lying she buys whatever and doesnt really care at all...

i need a new amp but at the moment my setup is....

mex tele w/dimazrio tele pickup in bridge > sans amp classic > laney tf300

soon ill put my squier musicmaster back together and start using that more, at the moment its without any electronics (other than the cable that grounds to the bridge) or pickguard, but it works as a practise guitar just fine

What's your's like?

Mine is now:

Mustang or Telecaster --- Small Clone --- Turbo Tube Screamer --- '65 reissue Twin Reverb.

how high do you have to turn that twin to get it to breakup?

If I ever get my band started:

Fender RI Mustang

85' Strat MIJ(not likely)

into

BOSS BD-2

Pro Co RAT2

and

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Bandit...you really ruined my day, you got all the luck, Stupid emo bands, wealthy-stupid family friends, and to top it all off money coming for graduatin from what? now, your 15 right?

some guys got all the luck

im sorry I dont wanna ruin anyones day! Now I feel like an ####! I know im lucky yes Im 15 and Emo bands are stupid Ive got something really big that ive been saving for since I was a lil kid and its comin soon! I will post pictures when it comes :lol:

Let me guess, Kurt's original MIA Jag-Stang that he gave to the REM guy?

hahaha no I didnt know about the Kurtzzz when I was a little kid dont worry about it in time all will be revealed!

What's your's like?

Mine is now:

Mustang or Telecaster --- Small Clone --- Turbo Tube Screamer --- '65 reissue Twin Reverb.

how high do you have to turn that twin to get it to breakup?

It doesn't ever really overdrive, and I've never had the opportunity to really really crank it. Hardly ever goes past 4.

Ive done a LOT of wheeling, dealing, swapping selling and spending over these summer holidays (once I payed back my overdraft it was basically like I had a hole in my pocket). Im now just 2 pedals short of happy. My setup is....

Guitars:

Fender USA Fat Strat in sunburst/cream scratchplate with 2 texas special single coils and a JB humbucker.

Fender CIJ Jazzmaster in sonic blue/red tortoise scratchplate with stock neck and hot for jazzmaster seymour duncan in the bridge.

Pedals:

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (mk2)---EHX little big muff---boss OC-2 (japanese)---EHX small clone---EHX small stone---Boss DD-3---Korg DT10 tuner

Amp: Vintage Marshall jcm800 2203 MK2 100W head---Orange 2x12 cab loaded with celestion vintage 30s

Hopefully will soon have a EHX pulsar tremolo and a keeley modded ibanez AD-9 analogue delay to complete it. Then I'd probably just lust after a fender blender till the voices in my head say 'you deserve a

Sunburp? hahahahhaa

yep, not my preferred choice of finish but got them cheapo 2nd hand.

BTW i still have your old wah in my set up!