• Please log in to reply
1120 replies to this topic

#21 jagstang owner

jagstang owner

Member R3

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

Nah I'll work on tryin to get some of the stuff I did for the local bands and stuff most of it is terrible,becuase the bands are emo bands and its easy to write an emo song for 10 bucks haha. I dont know if you guys want to hear local emo music I know I dont I just do it for the cashola. I got some guitar lines I can send you if you got an AIM.

u cant get that whole rig for 10 bucks a song

#22 BanditGuitarist1

BanditGuitarist1

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

I know that I work to,and aside from song writings for extra cash I do other jobs around town and #### I work my ass off for my rig.

#23 LIFE

LIFE

Senior Member R1

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:50 AM

Now it's time to quite working and start practicing.
Posted Image

#24 Doog

Doog

Moderator Alumni

• Members
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:18 PM

I find something inherently wrong with bands paying people to write songs for them..

#25 Malik

Malik

Member R3

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:52 PM

Well at least the only bands that do it suck. And heck, if a guy like Bandit can use the money to get a rig like that and perhaps make a positive difference to the music industry then good luck to them.

But seriously, I'm 15 and all I have is a Squier Showmaster, a Fender Jag-Stang (second hand), a Fender Frontman 15G (came with the Showmaster) and a Danelectro Black Liquorice distortion pedal that I got from a friend (sounds pretty crappy). Then again, I have no job, but considering you're the same age as me and you've got all that, it kinda makes me feel like I've been a little lazy. :P

#26 BanditGuitarist1

BanditGuitarist1

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

So do I but I find it more wrong when you ask those bands if you can let people listen to the songs you wrote done by them and they kindly tell y ou to " get the #### outta her no way man sorry "....But hey I made the money and as Life said time to stop workin and start practicing!

#27 echelon

echelon

Member R3

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:24 AM

So do I but I find it more wrong when you ask those bands if you can let people listen to the songs you wrote done by them and they kindly tell y ou to " get the #### outta her no way man sorry "....But hey I made the money and as Life said time to stop workin and start practicing!

so you wrote all these songs, but you're somehow not allowed to link to the band's site on here?? errrr...hmmm...

why not just link to their myspace pages - it's not like they can trace anything back here?

#28 Doog

Doog

Moderator Alumni

• Members
  • 12,211 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:30 AM

Either that or this guy is lying through his teeth..

Several grand's worth of gear at the age of 15 all from oddjobs and riff-writing at 10 bucks a pop? Yeah, right.

#29 Fran

Fran

Senior Member R4

• Members
  • 6,597 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:29 AM

Mines really basic, a lot less pedals than the previous band i played in:

Fender Jazzmaster>Zoom 507 reverb/delay>Marshall DSL401 combo.

The previous band i used....

Fender Jaguar>Boss SD-1>Boss HM-2, MXR Blue Box>Marshall Chorus>Boss PS-3>Boss DD-6>Zoom 507>Marshall DSL401 combo.

#30 Spitfire

Spitfire

Senior Member R1

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:18 AM

All I'm using live at the moment is:

Alden Quadra Star -> guitar lead -> AC30

#31 BanditGuitarist1

BanditGuitarist1

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

ay all my #### is used basically and gotten through some nice wheeling and dealing with the kind folks at guitarcenters back door...and the most expensive items where two gifts my Gibson Townshend was a Birthday gift from my moms friend and my Fender SRV was also a gift I got for my graduation. So there goes 5 grand off just two guitars ha,the plexi I got cheap used,my first vintage stang I got for 600 on ebay with hoiliday money,one vintage white stang was just gave to me basically sold and bought back,red stang I got with graduation money,The Jaguar was a gift,and the pedals where easy to get. Oh the schecter was my first guitar got for 200 bucks,So most it was gift or money from working/graduation or Hoilidays it wasnt all entirely from working and barely any of it is very new.

#32 Spitfire

Spitfire

Senior Member R1

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

ay all my #### is used basically and gotten through some nice wheeling and dealing with the kind folks at guitarcenters back door...and the most expensive items where two gifts my Gibson Townshend was a Birthday gift from my moms friend and my Fender SRV was also a gift I got for my graduation. So there goes 5 grand off just two guitars ha,the plexi I got cheap used,my first vintage stang I got for 600 on ebay with hoiliday money,one vintage white stang was just gave to me basically sold and bought back,red stang I got with graduation money,The Jaguar was a gift,and the pedals where easy to get. Oh the schecter was my first guitar got for 200 bucks,So most it was gift or money from working/graduation or Hoilidays it wasnt all entirely from working and barely any of it is very new.

By "Gibson Townshend" do you mean THE "No1" Les Paul? If so what on earth did you do for your mom's friend that made her go and buy you that?!? Also, can you introduce me to her she sounds like my kind of woman.

#33 BanditGuitarist1

BanditGuitarist1

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:26 PM

no no by Gibson Townshend I mean the Gibson Custom Shop Pete Townshend SG it was made back in the late 90's I think it was discountinued in 2002,what did I do to get it I wrote and played a lenghty guitar solo for her :lol: shes a millionair and basically told me go in to guitar center and pick any guitar you want its yours.

#34 greenlee

greenlee

Member R2

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:52 PM

rubbish!

#35 BanditGuitarist1

BanditGuitarist1

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

Posted Image

THERES A PICTURE ON THE FAR RIGHT IN A SKB HARD CASE....When I find my damn digital camera I will take some more if you dont belive me...its number 158 of 250 in the world,if you met the women you would know Im not lying she buys whatever and doesnt really care at all...

#36 bob

bob

jag-stang.com artist

• Members
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

i need a new amp but at the moment my setup is....

mex tele w/dimazrio tele pickup in bridge > sans amp classic > laney tf300

soon ill put my squier musicmaster back together and start using that more, at the moment its without any electronics (other than the cable that grounds to the bridge) or pickguard, but it works as a practise guitar just fine
Get a cup, we'll catch the blood, and I'll write her a poem.

#37 greenlee

greenlee

Member R2

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

What's your's like?

Mine is now:

Mustang or Telecaster --- Small Clone --- Turbo Tube Screamer --- '65 reissue Twin Reverb.

how high do you have to turn that twin to get it to breakup?

#38 SawaotheBuster

SawaotheBuster

Member R3

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

If I ever get my band started:
Fender RI Mustang
85' Strat MIJ(not likely)

into
BOSS BD-2
Pro Co RAT2

and
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Bandit...you really ruined my day, you got all the luck, Stupid emo bands, wealthy-stupid family friends, and to top it all off money coming for graduatin from what? now, your 15 right?

some guys got all the luck
OF THE KIDS, BY THE KIDS, FOR THE KIDS
10-FEET

#39 BanditGuitarist1

BanditGuitarist1

Senior Member R3

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

im sorry I dont wanna ruin anyones day! Now I feel like an ####! I know im lucky yes Im 15 and Emo bands are stupid Ive got something really big that ive been saving for since I was a lil kid and its comin soon! I will post pictures when it comes :lol:

#40 Malik

Malik

Member R3

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

Let me guess, Kurt's original MIA Jag-Stang that he gave to the REM guy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)