Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddowner

Pics of Red Pearl or Red Tort on Sonic Blue

27 posts in this topic

hi,could anyone post some pics of these combinations?You can post mustang or jag-stang.

I want to buy a new red pickguard and I don't know which to choose.

I guess red pearl looks better,doesn't it?

red tort on sonic blue? are there none in the pictures section of this site? i certainly think so.

as for red pearl, don't think i've ever seen any. let alone be able to pull a pic of one out of my hat

I own a red pearl warmoth stang guard that doesnt fit stock stangs that I never sent back red pearl isnt that nice it looks cheesy actually.

yeah,that looks great,lamp.this is red tort?does anyone have red pearl?

as i am thinking about it,my mustang is maybe not sonic blue.i owned a jag-stang,which was certainly sonic blue,but my mustang'69 RI has a bit different color,it's more into green..it's from 1997 i believe..it has the brown tort,which is good,but not as beautiful as red pearl or red tort would look,i think...

this is it

http://www.zs-edisonova.cz/pictures/mustang/mustang.jpg

my friend got a Red Pearloid PG for a Black Jazz Bass.

I think it is nice, it has more depth than my red tort on Stang, but would look crappy with a light colored body.

so ya.

Again, pretty bodged but you get the idea. I decided to recolour the pickguard this time instead of photoshop a different one over it, but it's red enough to get the picture. As you can see, I recoloured the pickups to black, just for comparison.

redtortblackny7.jpgredtortwhitebr8.jpg

And also I got bored, so decided to come up with my dream Jag-Stang...

dreamjagstangmt4.jpg

But yeah, no more thread hijacking from me. :-D

i love the black one with the black pickups....wow.........if i had one of those babys....i dont know what id do.........

id feel like vampire!

that sonic blue jag-stang way up there is really nice. they always look better left handed, for some reason

that sonic blue jag-stang way up there is really nice. they always look better left handed, for some reason

Thanks Rick :)

Damn, that sonic blue jag-stang looks great with the tortoise-shell pickguard. I've seen a right hande djag-stang with a tortoiseshell too, but the lefty looks way better for some reason.

Hey Malik -

Can you hook me up with a photoshop of a comp red (same as candy apple red) 'stang with a red tortoise shell pickguard? Not sure which color pups, though. Could you do one with white pups and one with black? Thanks - am thinking of customizing mine like this, but don't want to shell out the $$$ for new pickguard until I can see how it might look...

Yeah, I got your PM, I'll knock one up for you ASAP. I can only find a decent image of a Dakota Red Mustang, is that much different from Candy Apple? I can make the finish slightly lighter/darker if need be!

Quick question, why is there a screw slap bang in the middle of a Mustang scratch plate? Is it just for added support or something?