Posts Tagged ‘artist series’
The Billy Corgan Fender Stratocaster that we started talking about back in January is now on Fender.com as part of their Artist Series. [url] We’re assuming this guitar will get the grand unveiling at the upcoming Summer NAMM that is coming up June 20-22 in Nashville.
Not a whole lot of surprises up to this point. The most interesting specs are as follows:
- colors: (805) Olympic White and (806) Flat Black (satin nitro)
- jumbo frets on Modern “C” Shape neck with large ’70s style headstock (satin poly)
- 1 Special Design Dimarzio® Billy Corgan Single-Spaced Humbucking Pickup (Neck)
- 1 Dimarzio® Chopper™ Pickup (Middle)
- 1 Special Design Dimarzio® Billy Corgan Single-Spaced Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- original body shape (?? not sure how it differs from standard stratocaster)
The pickup switching has some non-standard settings that benefit from the single-spaced Dimarzio humbuckers.
- Position 1. Full Humbucking Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Inside Coil of Bridge Pickup and Full Humbucking Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Full Humbucking Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Full Humbucking Middle Pickup and Outside Coil of Neck Pickup
- Position 5. Full Humbucking Neck Pickup
Update: Interstate music is showing a list price of 1999.99 for this new strat. Which would mean a retail price around 1449.99. What are your opinions on this price point?
Update 2: Sam Ash is showing a list price of 1599.99 with a retail of 1199.99.