It’s always interesting to look at variations of popular guitar shapes and what direction creative builders and companies take them in. Well here’s an interesting guitar based on the J-style by a company called Peekamoose guitars. I had not heard of Peekamoose until reading this post at stratoblogster about this guitar.
Here’s the details on the J-style guitar which Peekamoose calls their “Model 3”. (their Model 3 web page)
- 22 fret, quarter sawn, rock maple neck
- Rosewood Maple, or Ebony fret board
- All necks have their frets dressed on our Plek machine.
- Truss-Rod access at the headstock
- Ash body
Hardware & Appointments:
- Tusq® bridge saddles
- Tusq® nut
- Sperzel® locking tuners
- Dunlop® Strap Locks (traditional style)
- Nickel Neck Plate and Stainless Screws
- Ivoroid Knobs
- Three-layer Tortoise or Vint-Mint pick guard and back plate
- Peekamoose custom spec pickups by Seymour Duncan
- Peekamoose, full coax, isolated wiring
- Dual sound switching for each pickup and a phase reverse switch
- Optional 250K or 500K volume taper (specify when ordering)
- High pass filter standard on all hi-impedance models
Seems like it would be a great Jagmaster-ish guitar.
If you’ve played or own one of these please let us know what your thoughts on it.
(photo credits: peekamoose.com)