It really was inevitable that Kenny Wayne Shepherd would have a signature stratocaster one day. And no surprise that it would be a 60s styled sunburst stratocaster with a 12″ radius neck, perfect for blues rock. It looks like the stratocaster will be available from Fender come this September.
Maybe one unexpected twist is a racing stripe style paint job version of the strat inspired by Shepherd’s love of hot rods. (see photo below)
- Based on Shepherd’s 1961 Stratocaster
- 3 custom voiced KWS pickups
- alder body
- maple neck with 12″ radius, rosewood fingerboard, 21 jumbo frets
- bridge with Graph Tech saddles
- 3 finishes – black (with racing stripe), 3 color sunburst, and arctic white
If you ever get a chance to see the KWS Band perform live you should check them out. It really is a great rock show and you’ll see one of the best blues guitar players out there today.