We introduced The Jag-Stang Registry nearly 2 years ago as a project to find out how many jag-stangs are still around, the details on them, and where they’ve ended up. We couldn’t be more happy with everyone’s enthusiasm about the project by adding their guitar info and consider it a great success thanks to you all!
As we close in on 200 jag-stangs added there are some interesting stats to derive from the listings.
- Handed – 94.5% right handed – 5.5% left handed – There are even fewer left handed models than we thought out there.
- Color – Sonic Blue is the most popular color at 55%.
- Modifications – around 40% of the guitars are listed as modified.
- Countries – owners currently in 31 unique countries with most in the United States at 39%.
- Oldest – T016701 [Made In Japan]
- Newest – R010452 [Crafted In Japan] – Also this is the only CIJ we’ve seen with a leading ‘R’ serial number.
- Auction bot – We continue to collect jag-stang info from ebay and currently have a backlog of 50 or so listings to add in the future. (has added ~ 30 listings thus far)
If you are a current or former jag-stang owner and have not yet adding your listing to The Registry we encourage you to join! If you need any help feel free to get in touch through The Registry Contact Form.
We plan to add more features to The Registry in the future and welcome any input from everyone on desired features.
–> Visit The Registry <–