have been shopping for amps for my jag-stang I had new pick-ups installed a JB and a Texas Special. I am looking at buying a combo amp for practice use and some for larger venues varying in price.
And I have been checking the user reviews at http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data on the amps
They are in no particular order:
1. Roland Micro Cube Battery Powered Amp with COSM and Effects 125.00
2. Crate FXT120 Guitar Combo Amp with DSP 380.00
3. Behringer Vintager GM110 Combo Amp 70.00
4. Crate FXT65 Combo with DSP 280.00
5. Crate XT15R 15W Guitar Combo Amp 100.00
6. FXT30 Guitar Combo Amp with DSP 200.00
7. Tech 21 Trademark 30 30W Guitar Combo/DI Amplifier 280.00
8. B-52 LG-7512 75W 12 Solid State Guitar Combo 300.00
I am lean toward crate because I think they give you more bang for your buck than marshall or the other name brands.
Let me know what you think of my picks.