A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!
First of all, they are two COMPLETLY different models, only similarity is the body shape
- Comes in either 25.5" (out of production) or 24" scale lengths
- Features "Duncan Designed" humbuckers
- Vintage style Stratocaster tremolo
- Squier tuners
- 1 tone, 1 volume and 1 pickup selector
- Only currently available in 3TS or Black, though older models can be found in Daphne Blue, Red and white
- Priced around $300US new
- 24" scale
- Three different types: Vintage, American Vintage Series, made/Crafted In Japan. All three are similar, only slight differences in crafting quality.
- 2 Jaguar single coil pickups
- Fender Dynamic Vibrato
- Pre 1965 models and reissues have Kluson style tuners, Post 65 and reissues have f Tuners
- 1966 necks have binding, 1967 necks have blocks and binding, some feature maple necks (rare)
- 2 circuits: lead and rhythm. 2 tone and 2 volume, thin switch and other stuff
- Available in plenty of colors.
- Prices; Vintage: $1500US+ in good condition, AV: $1000US new, MIJ/CIJ: $600US new (prices arent 100% accurate)
If you want exact differences between the types of Jaguars, ask Rick