How to lock the mustang tremelo system?

im defenitly going to make this mod to my mustang. i read all the post made by ''prozac79'' but my english being bad i found myself lost during some parts of his explanation.

I want to mod it like it is shown on the pic posted above.

So basically all i need is 2 screws and 2 washers + removing the tailpiece springs, right ?

that's the same way as the guy was doing it in the thread i posted. only the guy in that thread did it better than the guy who did it in that picture. because the tailpiece is too high and angle looks poor

its my picture , looks high but isint :)

very low action

also very nice sustain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I get the electrical tape bit-from the link-for securing the bridge. I don't quite understand the tailpiece bit. Are the springs taken out totally? Then, instead of using the original screws, we find two new bolts that are the same diameter (that are roughly 1.5 inches long) along with nuts that fit this, and a washer the right diameter, and screw these together tightly?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I took the tailpiece out, then i cut up some drumsticks to put in the cavities of the guitar. First i made holes in the drumstick pieces so that the two pins at the bottom of the tailpiece could slide in. Then i put it all together and it works like a charm. Wish i had pictures but i dont feel like taking it apart. Before this i tried using lockwashers and bolts but i would get a loud ringing sound everytime i played a G note.