Kluson Style Nickel Machines fr. Guitar Fetish Upgrade wPICS

I ordered some Kluson Style Nickel Machines from Guitar Fetish for $21.95. I used them to replace/upgrade the machines on my Crafted in Japan (CIJ) Jagmaster. The tuner for the low E string had broken. I'm sure they would work on any CIJ Fender or Squire with Kluson Style tuners. I gotta say this was a great investment. They fit perfectly as long as I used the original screws & bushings. The new screws were smaller & the new bushings were slightly larger. The original screws were a little tight but went on perfectly. The tuners are real nickel plated metal not chrome plated plastic. They have a much sturdier feel & keep tune better. The only drawback is that they do not have the split safety posts like the originals. They just have a hole in the shaft. That didn't bother me. I'm getting another set for my Jag-Stang.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/viklstnimafi.html

No, mine is a 24" scale. Some time in 97' Fender Japan moved to the bullet trus rod on the Vista Jagmasters. There were no sunburst 25.5" scale Jagmasters. The new Chinese Jagmasters have the newer tuners that would pose the problems you have mentioned.

0320700500_xl.jpg

i hate vintage Tunners , hard to turn , strange and need constant check and recheck also a bit instable

i stick Sealed , Life Warranty , Stable

Sealed lock on tremolos and Vibratos

Schaller , Gotoh and Grover here :)

Jaggie , Schaller M6-Lock

dsc02405medium1ex.jpg

White Beauty , Schaller M6-Lock

dsc03350mediumcopyaw6.jpg

dsc03361mediumcopyqz3.jpg

Melissa , Grover Rotomatic

dsc031139gf.jpg

Devil Green , Coming on March , Gotoh 16:1 Schaller Style

0903_1lg.jpg

Man those locking tuners look terrible on that Jag-Stang. Ruining the ashthetics of the guitar to try & make it a heavy metal wank machine is sad. I've seen you other posts & you would have been better off with a Jagmaster with a strat bridge. The Mustang bridge was not ment for metal.

I did see Randy Rhoads on the Blizard of Ozz tour. We had 26th row tickets. That was a wicked show. I remember my Dad dropping us off & leaving. Then during the Sabbath enocores everyone was standing on the seats giving Ozzy the double peice signs. I look over to my right & my 50-something dad in his tie & sport coat is standing on his chair giving Ozzy the double peice signs with the rest of the crowd. It was amazing.

Dave

What sucked was when I moved, I could not find Kluson style tuners any-friggin-where locally, and had no internet, so I got stuck putting black plated Gotohs on the Jag-Stang.

Here's what I'd love to see, sealed tuners with the Fender size, that slot with the hole for the string to fit into, and styled up to look right on 60's style guitars. Now THAT would be rad.....(Mad then sees a potential patent in his future)

What sucked was when I moved, I could not find Kluson style tuners any-friggin-where locally, and had no internet, so I got stuck putting black plated Gotohs on the Jag-Stang.

Here's what I'd love to see, sealed tuners with the Fender size, that slot with the hole for the string to fit into, and styled up to look right on 60's style guitars. Now THAT would be rad.....(Mad then sees a potential patent in his future)

Grover Vintage deluxe , vintage in style 60