anything besides heavy jag sound?

does anyone around here play something besides heavy distortion on thier Jag? i was cruising youtube and all the videos i looked at were metally/ grungy. i dig that and all, but i liked the clean sound and just tube amp overdrive that i got when i played one at guitar center through a Fender Deville, does anyone else just do that? i usually go drive around five trebel around 7 or 8 bass at a 6 mids at an 8, on verb i go a bit below 2 and on presence a bit above.

what a silly question.

I play my jag clean with chorus, or lightly overdriven 90% of the time; that's what it really excels at. I have other guitars for heavy stuff.

I think/hope that most Kurt wannabies who have seen their hero playing a Jag have bought a Jagmaster, as it's way closer to what Kurt played.

Indeed, guys and gals all over the world play jazz, surf, blues and more on their Jaguars.

Most of the vids on youtube and the like are from the younger, more technology-savvy generation who are more likely to be influenced by the whole grunge/indie-rock Jaguar thing rather than the Beach Boys or something.

hey man, i'm not really digging the negative vibe that i got there. it wasn't literally asking if the only thing anyone ever played on jags was heavy. there is obviously a wide range of people playing the jag all with different tastes and i know this. the question was more to serve the purpose of giving me a feel for who around here plays something more along the lines of what i dig. after i got a certain level of response from the community i was gonna start maybe asking for specifics on setup and possibly mp3s if anyone was interested in it...

think before being an ass

thanks to anyone else who realized that being an ass is pretty much pointless anyway, and just tried to answer my question. even if i didn't make it as clear as i planned on.

I don't go for heavy styles myself, a nice tube amp and some light overdrive is pretty much what I go for. And my new phaser! I think Doog hit the nail on the head, maybe a lot of the youtubers are teenage-angsty types. I know I had fantastic taste in music as a teenager but not everyone does.... :wink:

And it wasn't a stupid question - i think some of the guys are suffering PMT or something :P

I don't go for heavy styles myself, a nice tube amp and some light overdrive is pretty much what I go for. And my new phaser! I think Doog hit the nail on the head, maybe a lot of the youtubers are teenage-angsty types. I know I had fantastic taste in music as a teenager but not everyone does.... :wink:

And it wasn't a stupid question - i think some of the guys are suffering PMT or something :P

pedro what amp do you use? Post a list of your gear in the "My Rig" thread, i'm quite intrigued!

I've never actually played a tube amp...is that wrong? :shock:

pedro what amp do you use? Post a list of your gear in the "My Rig" thread, i'm quite intrigued!

I've never actually played a tube amp...is that wrong? :shock:

WRONG WRONG WRONG! No seriously, you should try it. It's pretty amazing how much of a difference it makes - all the talk of pickups and bridge saddles + string gauges effecting tone is a drop in the ocean compared to a real sweet valve tone - seriously. I've got a late 70's Fender bassman 135. Maybe I'll do a list in "your rig", it'll be a short one tho I think

I bsolutely love my hot rod deluxe. i think that i might get a deville for a size upgrade though. keep the hotrod for smaller gigs like a little jazz trio or something. are there any notable famous types that play jags that don't fall under the "grunge/metal" sound i could poosible check out?

I bsolutely love my hot rod deluxe. i think that i might get a deville for a size upgrade though. keep the hotrod for smaller gigs like a little jazz trio or something. are there any notable famous types that play jags that don't fall under the "grunge/metal" sound i could poosible check out?

dude, you heard of Placebo? They used Jaguars for their first 2 albums - jag + marshall totally definied their sound. Their music is kinda experiemental pop/glam..it's hard to define, just check em out:

Nancy Boy - http://youtube.com/watch?v=DH27i-zRUtk

Teenage Angst -

Placebo are the reason i bought a jaguar - Brian plays the strings behind the bridge loads, and the jag is the only guitar you can do that with properly!

also Sonic Youth famously love Jags, although they probably use Jazzmasters more cos of the longer scale length and their alt tunings.