Russian Muff or other muffs

I'm thinking of getting a muff but I can't decide between the russian version and the little big muff. The NYC seems a bit harsh so thats why I was looking into the russian one.

My concern is quality... I've heard people complaining about the russians weak jacks and so on and I read that the little big muff is more of a medium between the russian and the NYC.

Which would be better for a jaguar/twin reverb setup?

dude, the russian one is kinda more like a distortion pedal rather than fuzz. go for the USA you wont regret it.

it seems to me like big muffs were made for offsets and fender amps, usa muff through the twin reverb will sound really creamy and nice.

the little muff is bassier and it has more sustain than the other 2 models and its great for the price. but i think the other 2 are better.

i dont really think the russian one has much quality problems, the knobs just tend to bend, but i think its more solid than the usa and the little big muff.

its your choice, basically they're similar, try them all out and see but i'd say save up the extra 10-20 bucks for the usa.

i think i'm going to buy another muff, a russian one i think. i bet that when 2 muffs are turned on, the sound is even more orgasmic.

I say go the little big muff. Compact box, great sound and probably easier to get than the Russian.

In general, sound has the sound of the NYC with a bit of the extra sustain and harsness of the Russian. All three sound very similar though.

Really if it doesnt come down to the sound, the size of the LBM is a winner

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I say go the little big muff. Compact box, great sound and probably easier to get than the Russian.

In general, sound has the sound of the NYC with a bit of the extra sustain and harsness of the Russian. All three sound very similar though.

Really if it doesnt come down to the sound, the size of the LBM is a winner

They put the jacks on the side. Unless you're using very slim patch leads it is less that 1cm thinner. That is, of course unless you're trying to save space in depth...

I personally didnt like the LBM, much prefer my NYC one. More open sound to it, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...