what would you recommend to treat and condition the rosewood fretboard?

yeah, lemon oil or raw linseed oil

is modding the pickup switch on the lead circuit to a toggle common? does anyone have one?

yeah quite common. alot of people want it too. a bit like a jazzmaster or kurt cobains jag.

i have trouble with the trem arm rattling out. Is there a way to prevent this?

you need to push it down until it clicks in. the US reissue has a special lip around the bottom of the trem arm. once it's clicked in properly, it won't come out

if you need a new guard i know someone who could make one for really cheap.

or you may be able to find one for cheap on the bay.

thanks a bunch guys. robert, i actually already ordered a Mint PG from Fender. The Jag came a little quicker than expected, so I am waiting on that.

thats a really nice jag, did you wrap tape around the trem bar?

thanks, man i freakin love it. yea i was having trouble with the arm rattling out while i was playing. Rick mentioned that there is a point when it snaps in, and i guess i didn't shove it enough to hear a click. the electric tape was a quick fix until i heard from the experts.

also, after a few days of playing, i need a little higher action. when i bend the unwound strings at frets above 12 i lose the note, it just goes dead. the action is lower than that of my telecaster, so i hope raising it will fix this. I just raise the bridge assey screws, right?

i cant seem to wrap the trem arm without it stickling out of the little hole, and that looks terrible.

i wraped it with scotch tape and its noisless.

basically, i have to keep my trem lock on, somethings wrong with the whole tailpiece, when i take it out, the e string gets cut off... its pretty annoying.

i wraped it with scotch tape and its noisless.

basically, i have to keep my trem lock on, somethings wrong with the whole tailpiece, when i take it out, the e string gets cut off... its pretty annoying.

yea, i couldn't get a single peice of tape to stick in the trem 'hole'.

what do you mean 'cut off'? does it snap the string? i haven't seen the inner workings of my trem yet (this is day 4) but maybe rick knows.

yeah it cuts it off at the ball end.

wierd. there might be a jagged edge inside the hole where the string loads. just a hunch. since the string breaks there instead of the bridge area. the trem doesn't exactly add tension, but it does slightly shift the string around, and with the trem locked its relatively stationary. that would annoy the crap out of me, too.

You don't want a modified mustang bridge, you just want the normal one. The modified bridge is for their necks which have a compound radius. I think.

it was my understanding that the modified mustang bridge is exactly like the regular mustang bridge, but with saddle height screws. i figured i would need the saddle height screws to fine tune the jag.

• 4 weeks later...
theres a point where it clicks in? have u fixed it so that it does? how XD?

if you are talking about the trem arm, yes. the american jags have a pop-in trem notch. the japanese jags just wedge in there. i turn it clockwise a few times a put a little force on it and it pops.

not that it matters, cause like i said i love the stock bridge, but can anyone shed light on the modified vs. standard mustang bridge?

thanks robert, i was a little worried i'd wasted $$$.

as of right now i doubt i'll use it anyway, but we'll see. the only problem i forsee is the grub screws are too long, and they stick up too far out the saddles. i'll cross that bridge if i come to it. thanks.