Pink Floyd sound can easily be acheived with; A Hiwatt Lead 100, my Burns Batwing, a ProCo Rat and a Roland Stage Echo tape unit.

Seriously though, you should get close with a decent crunch sound on any amp, a good echo/delay unit, a single-coil equipped guitar and a Rat, or any other good fuzzy distortion pedal. And then it's down to experimenting. Bear in mind on Animals there was a bit of harmonising too, so you'll never get amazingly close unless you have a friend playing the other bits too.

emg single coils, big muff, some kind of phaser, delay, strat. the muff is how he gets his sustain with long delay. it isn't hard 2 get his sound.

guitarsite.com shows his setup. you don't need all of it to hit the sound.

EMG's? Maybe now, but not during Animals and The Wall. And I'm not too sure about the Muff, I know he uses a Rat now, but I have no idea how long ago they were made, so the Muff could be accurate.

You have to bear in mind that most of the gear interviews he's given are only from around '82 at the earliest, so what he's babbling on about from The Final Cut tours and the travesty of a thing he called Pink Floyd later on won't nessecarily be what he used back on the real Pink Floyd albums. He's always been pretty open to new technology, so he's always got alot of TC Electronics rack effects and stuff. Obviously not what he'd have been using in 1976!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
gilmour sings some good ones too, but he's too fat and old.

You will be old sometime & maybe fat, will you still enjoy making your music like Gilmour ?

probably...but, my wrinkly old fatass wouldn't grace a stage anymore...I'd simply stay in the studio