Mustang Body Mod Question

I have a japanese 90's mustang and i'm kind of getting tired of the sonic blue and tortoise look. I'm thinking of buying a mustang body off ebay (an older one) in a natural finish or something and just transferring all the electronics and neck from my jap mustang on to it. (i'm thinking about buying an old neck for it too, but for now just the body)

Will this work out? Also, i have like no experience with guitar electronics and connecting stuff so will i need a professional to do the transfering?

how much does a 70's stang neck and body usually come up to on ebay?

-thanks

I don't believe the pickguard will fit properly, and I don't know about the rest of the parts. Why not just refinish your guitar?

wouldnt that be more expensive then just buying old parts?

but i guess if the parts wouldnt fit then i might refinish it, how much does refinishing generally cost? I'm thinking maybe like a cream/vintage white colour

I don't believe the pickguard will fit properly, and I don't know about the rest of the parts. Why not just refinish your guitar?

wouldnt that be more expensive then just buying old parts?

but i guess if the parts wouldnt fit then i might refinish it, how much does refinishing generally cost? I'm thinking maybe like a cream/vintage white colour

Around $150-200 if you strip the paint from the guitar yourself which is not difficult but takes a lot of time and patience. For $300 you could get the the body stripped and refinished. Since your guitar is not brand new you should consider a lightly reliced finish to go with the old parts. Aged White/Cream with the Red Tort Pickguard. Beautiful! Check out Mark Jenny, a true maestro when it comes to refinishing. Highly recommended.

Webpage: http://www.mjtelecaster.com