JAG-STANG guitar case - Gator

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually curious to know what all hard-cases fit the Jag-stang. I squeezed mine into a modern Fender Mustang case, but have seen pics of them in Strat Fender cases, or at least I think its a strat case b/c of the accessory compartment in the bottom left corner. Mine, as is typical mustang case, has no compartment, just empty space with support bars and a snap strap for the neck. If anyone knows of a better case that fits a Jag-stang, please post.

Sorry foofighter955, but Fender jag-stang case is labeled as mustang/Jag-stang/venus/cyclone case. Sorry for the confusion. My jag-stang squeezes into it's mustang case much like it looks like the JS in the one in the pic on top does, I just want a seperate accessory compartment so my accessories don't run the risk of scratching my precious.

Oh and Fran, when you say Jag, you mean JagUAR right? The Jaguar case has the accessory compartment?

Yeah, my CIJ Jaguar. I bought it from the US off someone who used to post on here, so i could not confirm it is an official Jaguar case. But it makes sense, they share offset bodys, would'nt a Mustang case be to small to accomodate this?

This is the case I want

Picture073.jpg

I have this one

78bf_1.JPG

anyone know which case the first one is??? The second one is the one fender sends you if you order the Jag-Stang case. The other isn't a Strat case b/c I tried that one at guitar center. Is it a Jaguar case? P-Bass? Tele?

Given what I see, the first case might have come only with the first run of Jag-Stangs in the US, and they later used Mustang cases for whatever reason. I have one like the one on top, and it is original to that guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

exactly. I've had my jstang for 2 yrs now and I still have to cram my guitar into the case to get it to fit. You would think that after all that time the foam would have formed to the guitar.... The Jstang is just a bit too big for the mustang case.

If anybody still has their original receipt from when they bought their Jstang (original run w/ hshell case), check it to see if they list the model # for the case included. It should look like this 099-61XX-3XX. If it is in fact a Jaguar case it should read: 099-6111-306 or 099-6112-406.

Also, if anyone has a non-fender case that fits the Jstang really well AND has an accessory compartment, let us all know. The only case I've found that fits well, but no accessory compartment is the Coffin Case. Fits like a glove, but no accessory comp. and you also get a lot of mean stares from the Kurt Kult.

This is the case I want

Picture073.jpg

I have this one

78bf_1.JPG

anyone know which case the first one is??? The second one is the one fender sends you if you order the Jag-Stang case. The other isn't a Strat case b/c I tried that one at guitar center. Is it a Jaguar case? P-Bass? Tele?

That's the case I've got. It's just a Fender case. It's not specifically for the Jagstang.

If you have any ounce of self respect you will not carry that guitar around in one of those ugly ass coffin cases. When most people see someone with a coffin case they automatically think, "chode".

The locks are crappy and do not stay closed very well. The case is not fitted and the guitar has room to slide around.

If you have any ounce of self respect you will not carry that guitar around in one of those ugly ass coffin cases. When most people see someone with a coffin case they automatically think, "chode".

Totally agreed. I hate them coffin cases.

• 11 months later...