Buying a Mustang

DWBH

I'm planning on buying a 2nd guitar, as I'm saving for one.

So I thought of the Mustang. Why? Because is cool (chicks dig that).

But, I've heard that there are many problems with them, tuning, bridge, trem arm, and so on... What are the main problems, and how can I fix them? Do they also exist in MIA models, or only in MIJ models?

One other thing, where can I buy a Mustang in Europe, for a neat price?

EDIT: I must say I've never played with one before.

what kinda guitar are you into>?

are you a les paul sort of guy, cuz if so its not the right geeter for you.

things to be fized on a mustang.

ajust the bridge and set it up.

and thats it. seriously

some people wine about the single coil pups, if you have a problem with singles then you do not want this guitar.

it also kinda depends on what kinda music you play, if you want to rip into some metallica solos here and there you should avoid the mustang.

unless you want to drop 160 worth of electronics into it.

So I thought of the Mustang. Why? Because is cool (chicks dig that).

geez, you seem to me like the type of guys that started guitar because he thought it would make him look cool. well anyways

where are you at?? you could order one over thomann but cause you never played one, you have to try it out.

location location location, tell us that.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about getting a mustang, played one, thought they felt insanely cheap. (yes it was one of the new 65 ri's) I'd recomend saving an extra couple hundred bucks (I know it can take a while) and get a used rickenbacker. Its got all the single coil brightness and twang, but a whole lot more rock, and a ridiculously higher build quality.

• 8 months later...

The only real problem that i have with mustangs is that with playing other guitars like Les Pauls, SG's, strats and the such, mustangs are very light, they feel like toys rather than fully fledged instruments. I've only had a japanese one, never played a vintage, it was well made, just, well, light.

If i win the

• 2 weeks later...
The only real problem that i have with mustangs is that with playing other guitars like Les Pauls, SG's, strats and the such, mustangs are very light, they feel like toys rather than fully fledged instruments. I've only had a japanese one, never played a vintage, it was well made, just, well, light.

If i win the

Hi again.

I play a ES-335 copy, a korean '89 Epiphone Sheraton.

I play rock, blues, and indie/alternative

Since I already have an humbucker guitar, I was looking to have a more brighter sound, thus the search for single coils.

I live in Portugal.

Seriously, if you really want a mustang get one, I can only say the vintage ones are ok, as I have never played a re-issue - the out of phase sounds are cool.

Look on ebay, there are always loads available, theres a guy in Japan that ships re-issues for decent prices ( beware of the import charges), plus there are lots of custom options available in Japan, the competition colours are great with matching headstocks - have a look.

If you are looking for a single coil tone, then go for a USA Bullet, you can pick these up on ebay for around