wim

I got one :-D

I do like mustangs but saying nothing can compare to one is lunacy. Why don't you stop posting here?

"that doesnt make one better than another though"

actually it does.

this is actually a jag-stang forum, you're just in the mustang section.

You should change your signature to "humbuckers are always the best choice for all styles of music just because they're more money" - fitting!

Clearly, a higher quality instrument is NOT always desirable in every single possible circumstance, such as this. It is totally subjective, and simply your opinion that quality is always desirable.

You are absoultely right about quality not always being desirable to get a certain sound.

I built a guitar out of a 1x2 oak board, a wooden cigar box, three cheap tuners and strings, a bolt for the nut and bridge and a $1.99 buzzer from radio shack as a piezo pickup. Sounds crazy right? I can certainly get a much better slide blues sound from that guitar than from my $2000+ Koa Martin acoustic. The box is in open D and wails. Will it ever sound like a Martin...never but it is killer for delta blues.

Clearly, a higher quality instrument is NOT always desirable in every single possible circumstance, such as this. It is totally subjective, and simply your opinion that quality is always desirable.

You are absoultely right about quality not always being desirable to get a certain sound.

I built a guitar out of a 1x2 oak board, a wooden cigar box, three cheap tuners and strings, a bolt for the nut and bridge and a $1.99 buzzer from radio shack as a piezo pickup. Sounds crazy right? I can certainly get a much better slide blues sound from that guitar than from my $2000+ Koa Martin acoustic. The box is in open D and wails. Will it ever sound like a Martin...never but it is killer for delta blues.

Exactly! My point is proven...

One person agreeing with you does not a point prove. We need an experiment with a control group.

My point was that sometimes a lesser quality guitar is better than a higher quality guitar, depending on the sound you're going for. The only way you could reasonably disprove that (since I said sometimes in my statement) would be to show conclusively that nobody anywhere ever liked a lesser guitar better than a higher quality guitar in any situation whatsoever. Since at least one person has agreed with me my point has been proven.

The point was to show what sounds you can get out of a very simple instrument, not to change your preferences in music.

I personally don't listen to Nirvana and probably never will because I don't like that style of music. Just because I don't like Nirvana/Cobain that doesn't make it lame suicidal junkie stuff, it just means that I prefer other kinds of music.

Lots of people love Nirvana...go for it.

I do like mustangs but saying nothing can compare to one is lunacy. Why don't you stop posting here?

actually it does.

You should change your signature to "humbuckers are always the best choice for all styles of music just because they're more money" - fitting!

example of somms telling someone how to spend money, which makes him a hypocrite.

actually it does.

example of somms telling someone how to spend money, which makes him a hypocrite.

I was being sarcastic, genious. Point reversed.

Cool, How much did it cost in the end, and what country did you get it sent to? I thought they would not do exports anymore.

Guitar + shipping was about 507 euro's. I had to pay another 141 euro's import duties. I had it shipped to Belgium.

For another 200Euro you could have bought my 1972 Competition Mustang.

And that one is not made from basswood and it also has proper pickups and pots.

And the old one just increase in value :-cool

For another 200Euro you could have bought my 1972 Competition Mustang.

And that one is not made from basswood and it also has proper pickups and pots.

And the old one just increase in value :-cool

was your guitar for sale a year ago from when this thread is from?

I WANTED that exact model olb mg73co but ishabashi said that they don't ship to the usa, do you know if that is still the case. I guess i now really want the kurt cobain edition mustang with the hum, i found one but the guy didn't like the offer my dad gave him, too bad i really like that guitar

genious

is a "genious" to moran, as genius is to moron?

Remind me, am I writing a resume or in an online forum? Thanks for contributing to the thread topic by the way, hypocrite!

genious

is a "genious" to moran, as genius is to moron?

Remind me, am I writing a resume or in an online forum? Thanks for contributing to the thread topic by the way, hypocrite!

a resume, and i am marking you as a foe. you bore me.

And I'm supposed to care? You couldn't even defend yourself, you had to resort to nitpicking spelling. Pathetic.

nope, you really shouldn't care, and there really isn't anything to defend.

this entire argument began simply because you misread a little tough love "education" as "bashing", and then took everything i said and turned it into a lame game of ping pong. i've seen your other posts, i know how you are. i'm not having it anymore.

Ooh!

It's so beautiful! I looked for one of these Competition Mustang, but I finally bought a simple 65' reissue model!

I didn't found any Mustang on ishibashi, can I have a link or something like that please! ^^

Thank's!

(Sorry if you don't understand what I mean, I'm a 15 years old french guy, and my english isn't perfect...)

You have to e-mail them, just ask them about a MG73-85CO OLB

e-mail: web-shop@ishibashi.co.jp

wait didn't you just send him the link for the 1973 musting. Not the 69. Is your rly 1969 or 1973