Jag-Stang serial numbers

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just entered the club Crafted in Japan V037995 Fiesta Red Designed by Kurt Cobain on headstock Fairly beat, but works. Looks like Kurt himself played it (some dings and finish scrapes). The girl t

T016701 1995 MIJ Fiesta Red Righty, no mods Oldest in the registry at the time of this post, check the entry here: https://www.jag-stang.com/registry/guitarinfo/1229/o2

Bought my Sonic Blue J-S new from a hole in the wall music store in Yokosuka, Japan, Spring/early Summer 1995. "Made in Japan" SN T022808. She went on tour with me and was my #1 for the next few years

• 1 month later...

its not hard to set it up so it will stay in tune, and getting the intonation sorted is also really easy. just take it to a tech, or, try it yourself. a good setup will make you change your mind about the guitar.

Awesomely late reply (sorry!), but thanks for the suggestions. However, I'm not a novice when it comes to guitars and I've successfully set up my Jaguar, James tyler Variax, Schecter C1EA, Jackson King V, Fender Bass VI, etc. I agree, it's not hard to set up a guitar and to teach yourself how to do it. I have plenty of guitars and about 20 years of experience with them now and the Jag-stang is the only one that has proven impossible to set up correctly. I've taken it to a number of friends and a couple shops and they were all as baffled as I am about the issues. Maybe I should do a quick video demonstration to show the issues, because it's weird. I'm just really glad to hear that I'm alone in this, because I love the look and sound of the guitar (except for the issues with mine).

Hey-o. I have an old fender jaguar my dad has had since he was a teenager and for all I know it's all original. The pots and everything need to be replaced and I've done that in my les paul and it worked great. I'm wondering what and where can I get the absolute best quality parts for this. Also I cannot find a serial number anywhere and it has no truss rod.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bought my Sonic Blue J-S new from a hole in the wall music store in Yokosuka, Japan, Spring/early Summer 1995. "Made in Japan" SN T022808. She went on tour with me and was my #1 for the next few years. A variety of pickup changes and deletions. It's loaded with a JB in the bridge and an open pickup pocket in the neck right now. This guitar has been around the horn and thru the war and never let me down, not once. Pix when I figure out how. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

V005866

Pulled it out of my parents attic. Banged up and in pieces. Will be starting a restoration / customization soon. 50th Anniversary badge. Fiesta Red. Have not decided on pickups quite yet but I'm close. May have it refinished in Lake Placid Blue nitro in the near future, but for now I just want to get this thing running. Will take pics. 

Other stuff:

1994 Am Standard Strat / 2019 Players neck / 2019 Professional HSS electronics

2004 MIM Cyclone HH

2014 MIM Fender Jazz Bass

• Like 1