Jag-Stang serial numbers

serial: T 037973

color: fiesta red

year: '95

It was all stock but I upgraded 3 things:

neck pickup: SD SJAG-1n Quarter Pound

bridge pickup: SD TB-4

capacitor: 0.022

Hi, I have a Lefty Fiesta Red i think From 95 or 96 with the sticker of the 50 anyversary and Designed by Kurt Cobain.

Made in Japan

Serial Number

serial.jpg

I have the sonic blue one...its all stock except my neck plate is engraved with a picture of kurt cobain along with the years of his birth and death...hopefully will have pics soon. my serial number is Q051274. :-smokin

Wow, can't wait to see that.

And welcom to the forum.

Crafted In Japan Q046527 Just got it today off the bay. Paid $420. Its Fiesta Red and is all stock. :-D

WAS all stock...upgraded with an orange drop and a dimarzio super distortion :-D

U028214. MIJ. Sonic Blue. Stock Neck pickup (with the cover removed and changed to black), Bridge Changed to Seymour Duncan SH-4 and phase switched. Rest is stock.

Had it since new, think it was June/July 1996.

Its taken a few dings over the years but it's been a loyal and enjoyable guitar, even though my playing hasn't exactly been the best :)

@ amr

Have you ever considered sticking kitchen foil to the back of the P/G to shield it? I remember having some nasty noise problems with my JS until I did that.

Welcome to the forums :wink:

@ amr

Have you ever considered sticking kitchen foil to the back of the P/G to shield it? I remember having some nasty noise problems with my JS until I did that.

Welcome to the forums :wink:

Did have some terrible problems with buzzing when i lived at my parents though. All down to the light dimmer switch in my room!

The switches are getting a bit "sticky" so i might just do that when i fix them! i'll get some pictures up as soon as i can, surprisingly i've not got any banging around and i've had it for 12 years! :D

So i checked my J-S serial number on the sites serial number checker and it said 'unknown serial number'. My guitar says CIJ on the back of the neck but the number refers to a MIJ model which the checker says was made '96 - '97.

I always thought it was a RI but obviously not. Unless someone is pulling my plonker.

:-hmmm

Hello all, this is an act of desperation, I live the NNJ/ NY area, and I play in a band in and around that area. Somewhere in transfer the I lost the unicorn guitar everyone is looking for. A lefty sonic blue jag stang in mint condition. It broke my heart to lose this guitar and if any one come across one with the serial number v027796. it is mine. I have the receipt information from the pawnshop I got it from on ebay. please please please get back to me if any one has seen it or has any info. Thank you very much

Hello all, this is an act of desperation, I live the NNJ/ NY area, and I play in a band in and around that area. Somewhere in transfer the I lost the unicorn guitar everyone is looking for. A lefty sonic blue jag stang in mint condition. It broke my heart to lose this guitar and if any one come across one with the serial number v027796. it is mine. I have the receipt information from the pawnshop I got it from on ebay. please please please get back to me if any one has seen it or has any info. Thank you very much

F*kin ouch man :(

Good luck finding it. Call some of the local pawn shops

sadly he's probally not geting it back it was probally stolen

sadly he's probally not geting it back it was probally stolen

I think we all got that. :lol: