Jag-Stang serial numbers

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just entered the club Crafted in Japan V037995 Fiesta Red Designed by Kurt Cobain on headstock Fairly beat, but works. Looks like Kurt himself played it (some dings and finish scrapes). The girl t

T016701 1995 MIJ Fiesta Red Righty, no mods Oldest in the registry at the time of this post, check the entry here: https://www.jag-stang.com/registry/guitarinfo/1229/o2

Bought my Sonic Blue J-S new from a hole in the wall music store in Yokosuka, Japan, Spring/early Summer 1995. "Made in Japan" SN T022808. She went on tour with me and was my #1 for the next few years

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just inherited a jag. I don't play the guitar and plan on selling it, but have no idea what the value is and figuring out the year / value has been difficult so far. Says "Made In Japan" with serial #Q037605. Any help would be much appreciated!

Jag1.JPG

Sexy, but you posted it in the wrong thread/section. better off starting a new one in the jaguar section :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my jag-stang. It was in really poor shape when I got it. I had to do a complete rewire, new nut, new bridge thimbles, new vibrato springs, and full setup. It has had a rough life. Someone has scratched off "Made in Japan", but did leave the serial number. The back of the body is covered in finish cracks. It was previously setup as a lefty so someone took marker and drew fret marker dots on the bottom edge of the neck. I've spent the past couple weeks getting it back in good playing condition.

The body is stamped 95 in the neck pocket and serial on the neck is U025601. It has the Fender 50th Anniversary stick on the back of the headstock.

IMG_4095.jpg

I'm happy to hear that you got it back to it's ment to be played condition.

Here is my jag-stang. It was in really poor shape when I got it. I had to do a complete rewire, new nut, new bridge thimbles, new vibrato springs, and full setup. It has had a rough life. Someone has scratched off "Made in Japan", but did leave the serial number. The back of the body is covered in finish cracks. It was previously setup as a lefty so someone took marker and drew fret marker dots on the bottom edge of the neck. I've spent the past couple weeks getting it back in good playing condition.

The body is stamped 95 in the neck pocket and serial on the neck is U025601. It has the Fender 50th Anniversary stick on the back of the headstock.

IMG_4095.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...