• Duo-Sonic/Musicmaster
    • Cyclone
    • Tornado
    • Swinger

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say Stratocaster. Two months ago I traded in my Mustang for one, and I completely love it. The versatility astounds me. As for the Mustang, when I originally purchased it, I did it because of it's...shall we say "indie credibility"...Boy was I wrong...I mean, don't get me wrong, it had it's own unique tone. It was just kind of...empty. And I didn't want to go and Kurt-ify it to make it sound better (that guy really knew how to set up that guitar). Also, I'd like to try out a Jaguar...I've only played the HH version and it was a little too muddy...but the body was nice. However, as far as Fender goes for me? the list goes...(from the one's I've played)

Stratocaster

Telecaster

Jazzmaster

Mustang

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Good for you Einstein, now turn down the testosterone. Tell me if it is or not the stupidest thing to hate on someone, in the MTV KC special, that you don't even know? That sounds hick..

My ass handed to me? ARe you are proffessional internet troll? LMAO.. I laugh at this ####- watching you get so worked up over nothing..

If this is so stupid why are you replying? You wanna talk stupid? I had a look at your profile, and your the only person in their mid-late 30's who cant spell "Botany" or "Machinist".

Fossils and gardening, how gay.

But whats worse is you keep bringing up the MTV person, like it really got to you! Your a Cobain clone, aren't you??

You work on engines for a living and your calling me a hick?? And by the way, I love how you keep throwing the same insults at me. Try to least make this some what challenging. Dumb Sh*t!

#### Hell guy's - Is this a guitar forum ? Get your boxing gloves on & do us all a favour !

Better still, get your mits on one of these 80's USA Fender bullets, I am certain that they are telecaster necks , I can't see any difference & the vintage tone is magic, the S3 version is as good as any USA strat, this S2 had such a perfect neck that I converted it to an S3 ie swapped pick guards from another guitar.

1982FenderBulletS2-SerialNoE111153-.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I love Jazzmasters, I'm savin up for a nice vintage one, who needs a car when you can buy a nice vintage guitar?

I like your style, I spent all my money plus a loan from someone else to get a good guitar way before a crap car, it was the guitar or the car - no contest the guitar won - anyhow all the crap cars have broke, the guitar's still going.

Cars lose value as soon as they leave the forecourt, a vintage guitar will only gain value.

When i buy a car i look for something cheap and reliable, it is purely to get from A to B and i have no interest in them at all to be honest.

Cars lose value as soon as they leave the forecourt, a vintage guitar will only gain value.

When i buy a car i look for something cheap and reliable, it is purely to get from A to B and i have no interest in them at all to be honest.

In my experience, vans are better & more reliable, Iv'e got a small van that lugs our PA & my gear around, I just abuse it, never clean it, it just gets me to work, from A to B & does 45 - 50 to the gallon.

On the other hand I have a lot of guitars that I cherish & clean & service a lot, I become attached & find it hard to get rid of them, my other half does not understand - she say's I can't play all of them at once, so theres no point !

What are the re-issue jazzies & jags like ? I love the look of the Jazzmasters with the matching headstocks.

I have no interest in cars either, except one, my grandma has it sittin in her yard, it's from the 50's - one of those spaceship lookin' cars, I'd love to have that thing put back together.

In my experience, vans are better & more reliable, Iv'e got a small van that lugs our PA & my gear around, I just abuse it, never clean it, it just gets me to work, from A to B & does 45 - 50 to the gallon.

On the other hand I have a lot of guitars that I cherish & clean & service a lot, I become attached & find it hard to get rid of them, my other half does not understand - she say's I can't play all of them at once, so theres no point !

What are the re-issue jazzies & jags like ? I love the look of the Jazzmasters with the matching headstocks.

45-50 a gallon?? A van, are you sure?

I'd just pitch in on like a minibus to go on a tour with. I dunno about the re-issue Jazzies n Jags, of course they're not as good as the original, but something I'd like to know myself.

45-50 a gallon?? A van, are you sure?

I'd just pitch in on like a minibus to go on a tour with. I dunno about the re-issue Jazzies n Jags, of course they're not as good as the original, but something I'd like to know myself.

I'm sure, I am talking miles to the gallon of diesel in the UK, diesel is quite expensive here, its a small van, a Peugeot Partner 800 kg payload, we only have a small PA - an HK Actor 1600 watt & my marshall TSL 122 & 2 X12 cab + guitars,effects, bags & stands.

It would struggle to do that mileage loaded !!!!

• 1 month later...

Jag-stangs are ok. They sound some what decent but the body is so #### tweaked. I think it looks dumb. My favorite fender is a mustang but thats just because of the look. If I had to choose from sound it would have to be some along the line of a tele, strat, or a jazzmaster.

I haven't tried too many of Fender guitars, but out of the ones that I did play I'd split my vote between telecaster and a mustang. Telecaster is some really nice looking and sounding design, very original, and a mustang is a really small, lightweight, and fast guitar with a unique sound, and also it looks like a strat that went through a black hole :) I havent tried Jaguars or Jazzmasters, I just cant afford them, but a Squier Jagmaster felt pretty nice. Strat is cool too, but I dont like the feel of it, plus come on, everyone plays them :-D As for the jag-stang, even though I dig Nirvana, I think js is plain ugly. Oh, and I would really love to get my hands on a Squier Cyclone to do some interesting mods, perhaps, put a floyd rose in it.

PS Les Pauls RULE ;-)