This thing is crazy...

You guys probably already saw this, but :

http://cgi.ebay.com/1966-Fender-Jaguar-w-Active-Gibson-RD-Pickups-More_W0QQitemZ270206038831QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33039QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Damn. At first I thought it was scary, but it's kinda cool, in a 70's bitchin, Keep on Truckin way..

Active Gibson RD electronics? If it was some finish, other than natural, it'd be awesome.

Cheers,

-Collin

that is nasty, i should beat you to death for thinknig its cool looking.

a block and bound jag, custom color lpb with gold hardware, you realize how rare that thing WAS. now its worth nothing, the neck is..... worth saving but the rest is destined for bondo, its sad what people did to thier jags in the 70's

i bet that thing was amazing before some crack head got a bad idea.

that is nasty, i should beat you to death for thinknig its cool looking.

a block and bound jag, custom color lpb with gold hardware, you realize how rare that thing WAS. now its worth nothing, the neck is..... worth saving but the rest is destined for bondo, its sad what people did to thier jags in the 70's

i bet that thing was amazing before some crack head got a bad idea.

Hell...it's sad what happend to guitars in the 70's PERIOD. Damn, even Fender itself could barely scrape out a decent guitar, and now people pay big bucks for 70s Fender and Gibson simply because they're old, and not because they are remarkable guitars (not the worst....but hardly comparable to an early CBS fender or especially pre-CBS).

I don't think it's super cool, like I would pay money for it or whatever...but it's not the worst butchering that happened in the 70s. That honor goes to the bold few who decided to use a hacksaw to cut off body horns and other offending parts of the guitar ( the headstock, for many early Van Halen fans..sadly..). You see those often enough.. that makes me sick, because they often can't be restored.

At least this Jag, can theoretically have a normal guards replaced, and some holes patched up and a refinish, and still be a respectable guitar....

Remember, up until probably less than 10 years ago, nobody even gave a damn about block inlay jags (though I've always thought they were really cool..), so for some weirdo to mod his beyond recognition way back in 78 or whatever, is kind of understandable.......

it's aesthetically non-offensive enough..

Cheers,

-Collin

PS....now all the other "block and bound jag, custom color lpb with gold hardware Jags" that aren't modified are worth more money! Bonus!!