Would you buy?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy?

• Kurt Cobain Jaguar
    • Other artist Jaguar
    • Kurt Cobain Mustang
    • Other artist Mustang
    • Sig. Series keep with Strat and Tele

So the Billy Corgan strat is going to come out sometime now which got me thinking...aren't there already enough f***ing strats in the world? Where is our Sig. Jaguars or Mustangs...the closest is J. Mascis Jazz, but still. I'm sick of Strats so I want your guys opinion, would you buy a Sig. Jaguar or Mustang such as Kurt's or someone else's, or are you happy with the Sig. series sticking with Strats and Teles?

People don't like strats because there are tons of them out there, some are horrible, and the reason there are tons of them out there is because they are badass guitars. If you can afford a good one, you'll play it time and time again.

I was nearly put off the strat by playing a sh*t one, but i played a good one, and i'll always play it.

Sig guitars are gay. I would'nt buy any based on that fact alone.. BUT i would buy one if it looked and played good.

Good point on Strats, though i dunno, i have to admit it is an awesome guitar but loads of nobbers use them at novice level and i'm not over keen on the famous users either other than Hendrix. The Strat is too predictable, popular and to me projects a clean image. I like the underdog and the unpredictable.

The Gibson LP Junior for instance is a great guitar but is usually over looked by players players, it is associated with dirty rock n roll and loonys like Johnny Thunders. I like that.

I'd have to disagree with Strats being too predictable and clean...no guitar is purely anything, really. Also, there are lots of "underground" people who prefer Strats, just like some people prefer Tele's, etc, etc. because they like the looks and tone, and that's what works for them. I made the mistake of getting a Mustang as my first guitar because I thought it was "quirky" and "against the tide"...but after a year of owning it, I found that it was severely limiting to me, tone-wise, so I got a Strat. However, I do believe if I made some significant modifications to it, (much like Cobain had to, because he even admitted it wasn't the greatest guitar) it may have been better. (but I'm not good at those things) As far as the tone on the Strat being clean, I've gotten some dirty sounds out of it. But, in the end...it's all preference, I'm just defending my guitar :P

As for there being more re-issues other than Strats and Tele's, here here! I would definitely like to see a Kurt Cobain Jaguar...from what I recall it was his main recording guitar and it has one of the most beautiful tones I've heard.

Agreed, on Kurt's tone... also Another Tool is right, there is just not enough of a market out there for Sig. Fender Mustangs and Jaguars, at least enough to get Fender's attention...but who knows? Maybe one day Dave and Krist will get Nirvana's rights back and they will release some unheard music and there will be a rush of demand...or maybe that's just a fantasy of mine :P

That may just be a dream...but that would be cool if they did release some more stuff.

And also, on Strat-heads that say nothing else is better...there's probably one for every single guitar. I know that for me, right now, there is nothing better for me than a Strat. I can just express myself with my playing so much better than I could with other guitars I've played. Once you find your guitar, everything else just doesn't feel like home. Hell, I could still be on my journey to finding that guitar, but right now. Consider me a Strat guy.

But then again, there are people who see Jimi Hendrix with a Strat and say its the best guitar, without even playing it. If hendrix played a Telecaster all the time, I'm sure it would be the same deal.

Maybe one day Dave and Krist will get Nirvana's rights back and they will release some unheard music and there will be a rush of demand...or maybe that's just a fantasy of mine :P

Fantasy? It's called delusion my friend, it won't happen.

I would say that Dave and Krist were so pissed off at the way that whole situation was treated, they wouldn't bother with it again. Courtney stained the Nirvana name forever.

Dave has his own band anyways, he's a busy boy and dare i say it? I'd say they are bigger than Nirvana, they have the albums, they keep flooding the charts with well written songs and it looks like Dave Grohl is gonna be around for a lot longer than anyone thought when he released that first Foos album.

i think nirvana was bigger than foos. i think all but the foos first album is crap.

We are not on about what you like, we are on about what the fan world shows in general. Nirvana were big, but the Foos are bigger. The Foos won't have the die-hards that Nirvana have until Dave pops it, but you don't need die-hard fans, you need numbers, and they have them.

Look at how many singles they've had, they are always high in the charts, the relentless touring, they are always playing festivals, they are always selling merchandise and albums.

Nirvana got big on word of mouth and then Nevermind, The foos got big because of Dave Grohl and that first album. They will stay big too.

there is an exact copy of kurts jag from fender japan isnt there? i got the impression it was only available over there.

I wouldn't mind one myself if i didnt already have a jag,

I do think the signiture selection is a bit poor (i checked it the other day) there must be other stuff out there.

On strats, i do find them over used but not over rated, there is a 'perfect guitar' quality to them, everything about them works but i did shy away as i was allured by the cult status of the jag.

Personally I never liked foo fighters than much, not enough detail and texture to the sound for my liking. That may be somewhat ignorant of me but music is sound, if it sounds bad then it is bad really, not to say the foos sound bad though.