Does your CIJ Jazzmaster...

Aen

have a really wimpy neck pickup?

When I played the guitar in the shop, it sounded really good. But now at home, i compare it to my tele, and the neck pickup just doesn't have the beef! Of course I've heard that Japanese JM pickups are poo, do the upgrades have mroe beef? Or is the lean sound art of the JM mystique?

I replaced my MIJ pickups with MIA's in my Jaguar and it made my guitar sound a trillion times better i'd highly recommend upgrading MIA is way better then the Japanese stocks...and it will compete with your tele I know since I replaced my Jags pickups it competes with my strat and theres no way in hell that it could with the Japanese pickups. Plus its only about 100$ for new pickups.

I've got a Quarter Pound in the bridge of my Jazzy, it's quite minibucker/P90-ish, it actually has less highs than the stock neck pickup, which is pretty weird.

Think I'm gonna gonna put a "hot" Seymour Duncan JM pickups in the bridge pos. soon. The Quarter Pound is cool and all, but I need a brighter sound!