< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I've been here for while and got many good information from here too, so then finally I got my jag. kinda interesting to see your Jag photo too. What kind jag do you own? any model ,any year

First up; A 1964 oxford green refin. This was formerly Lous: Second, my first Jag. Sunburst CIJ with upgrades; black sp, 'mute' and SD QP pickup in the bridge position. Third, burgundy mist CIJ

lol

thanx all :D ,

ye the bigsby was the first thing i added (like most HH owners i developed trem envy) then i got a bit carried away and changed almost everything, even put cloth covered wires in cos i heard they were better.

i've only been playing for about 2 years and the last 6 months i've improved loads cos each time i changed somthing it was like getting a new guitar,

my next project is a duo sonic or a musiclander, can't decide which yet tho.

Jeez, where'd ya get all those witchhat knobs?? :lol:

Allparts makes them now. I put the fist set on the Jaguar, liked them for volume swells and whatnot, plus I like the look, so I started putting them on all my frequently used guitars.

Wow...jizztastic! Are those locking nuts??

haha ye m8, was real easy to install jus three screws no need for any cutting up of the neck :-D. it makes the guitar sound a bit more tinny but i actually quite like that. wen i installed the locking tuners i found that although they were easier to use for stringing they weren't as reliable as the original ones so the locking nut compensates for that .

how come theres a thread for jaguar pictures but not one for jazzmasters?

I've been toying with making that thread as I've been taking tons of photos of my new one. I am however surprised it has not already been done as popular as the Jazzmaster is around here.

My Jaguar HH :)

2m5xezp.jpg

2mxenwk.jpg

nfiikn.jpg

ok8vhz.jpg

Whoah.

Theres bits i love and bits i dont but either way thats one unique impressive Jag you have there dude.

What color is it (officially)? Did you just swap the slider switches for mini-switches or are there extra mods going on?

Good choice on the 'F' bigsby, it looks great.

Personally i'd go for a mint green pickguard and uniform them 'buckers up to make it more 'classy' but thats just me.

:-cool

thanx man :D . the toggle switches are jus replacements for the sliders at the mo but i've bought sum better quality 3 way toggle switches from allparts which i'm gonna use for coil splitting, i jus gotta make a new control plate first as there bigger than than the ones i currently have. i can't remember the exact colour i think its someting like vw80 from duplicolor spray paints, its a car spray paint but i liked the sparkle it has and the green was jus right for me, i'll have a look round and let ya know for certain wen i find the lid. but anywayz dude, mint pickguard? d'ya not think the black pearl looks super badass.....cos i do.

and i deliberately bought different colour pickup's to give the guitar a bit of personality, also

l_b1fc4467cc08cf1582b8061a738b18-1.jpg whats going on with the jag on the left? are they different colour pickups? i think so mr!

:P

thanx man :D . the toggle switches are jus replacements for the sliders at the mo but i've bought sum better quality 3 way toggle switches from allparts which i'm gonna use for coil splitting, i jus gotta make a new control plate first as there bigger than than the ones i currently have. i can't remember the exact colour i think its someting like vw80 from duplicolor spray paints, its a car spray paint but i liked the sparkle it has and the green was jus right for me, i'll have a look round and let ya know for certain wen i find the lid. but anywayz dude, mint pickguard? d'ya not think the black pearl looks super badass.....cos i do.

and i deliberately bought different colour pickup's to give the guitar a bit of personality, also

l_b1fc4467cc08cf1582b8061a738b18-1.jpg whats going on with the jag on the left? are they different colour pickups? i think so mr!

:P

Ha, yeah. I needed a humbucker and only had a black one lying around, i later sprayed the neck pup cover though and it looked good. That guitar now belongs to purplehaze and he restored it back. In fact, i only have the green 64 these days.

Did you use aerosols to get that finish?

Im starting a Mosrite project and considered using an air brush for the finish, i cant get anything resembling quality with an aerosol can.

ye was jus an over the counter aerosol spraypaint, i put bout 3 coats of primer on first, using 6oo grade wet and dry paper between coats to keep it all smooth then put loads of really thin coats of colour on with the can held quite far away from the body and finally a few coats of laquer. it seems smooth and has a nice shine, the thing about any paint is certain colours are easier than others for instance yellows and reds are usually more translucent than greens or blue or purple etc which makes it difficult to get an even consistancy. wot colour you thinking of doing it?