< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I've been here for while and got many good information from here too, so then finally I got my jag. kinda interesting to see your Jag photo too. What kind jag do you own? any model ,any year

First up; A 1964 oxford green refin. This was formerly Lous: Second, my first Jag. Sunburst CIJ with upgrades; black sp, 'mute' and SD QP pickup in the bridge position. Third, burgundy mist CIJ

lol

It's a vintage handmade 1965 Fender Jaguar style guitar. I paid less then $200 for it with a vintage hardcase. It's got 3 orginal chrome single coil pickups (not pictured below). The orginal neck was beyond horrible.... no adjustable truss rod, bad frets, bad inlays, ugly headstock... couldn't think of one nice thing to say. I fitted it with a Jagstang neck, but eventually took it off and stuck it on my 65 Mustang. I'm looking for another Jagstang neck, just hadn't come across one to finish this project. When I do find a JS neck, it'll be the 4th one I own :P

Body wood is weird... it's laminated, when you look at the contours (when unfinished) you see layers. I assumed plywood but everyone said "no, plywood cost too much", it's a very grainy wood... nothing I've ever seen before. I love the pickguard, purply swirls... queerish but cool.

1965 Vintage Fender Jaguar style $200

l_c4621d8a2177476685a6aee7280f3953.jpg

l_3eed7561127a4d60b35a32ca4596a9df.jpg

I wetsanded the hell outta her

l_10cb02496cc046168992a1f0f7b54888.jpg

Rustoleum Cobalt Blue.... badass f*cking color, deep blues to purple with tons of metalic flakes. I dumped two cans of color on her. The last can, I held a good 2' from the body, the paint bounced off the body as overspray, the flakes landed on the body and stood up in all directions... it felt like sand paper when dry. Had to lay down heavy gloss, but in light coats, not to dissolve the finish and make the flakes lay flat.

l_16fec94e72f94122833836c098b3d54f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some cool Jags here, nice to see the different options now available filtering through to users. Shame Fender seem to stick to the popular colors though, no offence to you guys but i'd like to see more Burgundy Mist and Shoreline Gold.

Some cool Jags here, nice to see the different options now available filtering through to users. Shame Fender seem to stick to the popular colors though, no offence to you guys but i'd like to see more Burgundy Mist and Shoreline Gold.

and sherwood, and ocean turquoise