< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I've been here for while and got many good information from here too, so then finally I got my jag. kinda interesting to see your Jag photo too. What kind jag do you own? any model ,any year

First up; A 1964 oxford green refin. This was formerly Lous: Second, my first Jag. Sunburst CIJ with upgrades; black sp, 'mute' and SD QP pickup in the bridge position. Third, burgundy mist CIJ

lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they are really good guitars, i EVOL the neck on them so much! (more than my stang :evil: )

also, i couldn't help but notice a rodriguez qoute i saw him live a few weeks ago and it ROCKED! blind but still rocking the roof off.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently changed out the Bridge to a Mustang - The Jag Bridge was just to fussy. I am still getting some metalic vibrations - So I am going to lube up the bridge and nut and move up to 11 Guage strings/ it presently has 9's. Hopefully that extra tension will eliminate the buzzing. All and all I am really digging this guitar - The Pickups sound Great and I really like the shorter scale neck. And it really is a Beautiful Guitar. Gasee

My latest. In my current gigging arena im still nervous to use the 64 Jag due to stuff like our bassist getting his Jazz pinched so i got this CIJ in a trade.

My second sunburst model, its nice, put a SJag-2 in the bridge.

IMG_0948.jpg

Here is a Pic of my 66' Classic-

FenderJaguar007.jpg

brilliant looking guitar 8)

I'm using 13s with a wound G with the jag bridge. Occasionally the low E grub screws work themselves loose and the low E pops out a fair bit. I'd make the move to a mustang bridge, but the fact that people say they still have some issues makes me think I should just wait and get a mastery bridge...

Thanks Z - I switched out the bridge because most posts I read said it was probely the easiest fix. Though I still get some metalic overtones. I am hoping that heavier strings will solve this problem. Though last night I picked up the Jag and strummed her for about a half hour and no metalic overtones/ and that was with 9's. The "Jaguar" a strange Beast to say the least but I love her. Gasee

I got the Mustang bridge, and still got some slight metallic buzzy overtones, too, at first.

First, I changed to "power slinky" 11's for strings, and most of it went away, but there was still some sort of phantom remnant. I finally solved all the buzz by using a water-soluable, clear-drying white glue adhesive between all the moving parts of the bridge. I glued the saddles together sideways to each other, and I put some on the height adjustment screws at the bottom of the posts, as well. I also put a little silicone putty at the bottom of the bridge sockets to prevent rattle there. I also found that the length-adjustment [intonation] screws were a litt loose in their threads, and that some nylon tape helped.

A light coating of clear acrylic enamel over everything works, too, but it takes longer to dry. Some folks dampen vibrations between bridge parts with lubricants, and that would kind of work, but on a Mustang bridge, it could get a bit greasy.

If you use an adhesive to stabilise your bridge- just make sure it's of a type that can be easily broken for purposes of re- adjustment.

32452_392987413315_599268315_422460.jpg

This is my Newly finished rig. I used to own a gibson les paul classic but i played on this jag and i knew i had to get it. I sold the Les Paul That night and bought the jag the next day and i love the sounds i can get out of this thing. I bought it this week so its still all stock but i ordered a different pickguard thats coming in tommorrow and i will post some more pics after then

My latest. In my current gigging arena im still nervous to use the 64 Jag due to stuff like our bassist getting his Jazz pinched so i got this CIJ in a trade.

My second sunburst model, its nice, put a SJag-2 in the bridge.

IMG_0948.jpg

Reminds me of my Jag :lol: What's the body made of?

32452_392987413315_599268315_422460.jpg

This is my Newly finished rig. I used to own a gibson les paul classic but i played on this jag and i knew i had to get it. I sold the Les Paul That night and bought the jag the next day and i love the sounds i can get out of this thing. I bought it this week so its still all stock but i ordered a different pickguard thats coming in tommorrow and i will post some more pics after then

Purdy. Never heard of those amps before.