< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I've been here for while and got many good information from here too, so then finally I got my jag. kinda interesting to see your Jag photo too. What kind jag do you own? any model ,any year

First up; A 1964 oxford green refin. This was formerly Lous: Second, my first Jag. Sunburst CIJ with upgrades; black sp, 'mute' and SD QP pickup in the bridge position. Third, burgundy mist CIJ

lol

not sure if I should pick one up or just go buy a Mustang since I could mod my jag a bit more to be sorta similar, not to copy kurt, for practicality.

any idea where I can get the control plates? (toggle switch and volume/tone)

I really wanna swap the chrome out for gold since I think it blends well with the red :D

• 1 month later...

theres some info about things I made a thread about here : http://www.jag-stang...-to-your-stuff/

suprisingly my jaguar doesn tfeel the same as any others that I've tried. Yunno when theres something that just screams at you to buy it? this was it haha. Best choice ever made.

MIM Candy Apple Red Jaguar w/ SD Slash Alnico Pro II and 250k pots. Its an MZ9, but a pretty low number so Im guessing this is mid 09'

IMG_0727.jpg

and this isnt a Jaguar, but its still a 'Jag' ;D

trusty Squier Jagmaster w/DiMarzio Super Distortion. Possibly better sounding than the Jaguar to be fair haha.

How much did it cost you to get that routed for the humbucker?

theres some info about things I made a thread about here : http://www.jag-stang...-to-your-stuff/

suprisingly my jaguar doesn tfeel the same as any others that I've tried. Yunno when theres something that just screams at you to buy it? this was it haha. Best choice ever made.

MIM Candy Apple Red Jaguar w/ SD Slash Alnico Pro II and 250k pots. Its an MZ9, but a pretty low number so Im guessing this is mid 09'

IMG_0727.jpg

and this isnt a Jaguar, but its still a 'Jag' ;D

trusty Squier Jagmaster w/DiMarzio Super Distortion. Possibly better sounding than the Jaguar to be fair haha.

IMG_0668.jpg

nice guitars man. love that jaguar :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How much did it cost you to get that routed for the humbucker?

to get it routed admittadely wasnt cheap, but for the routing, a new guard, new pots, and wiring it was £95 ish from this place in the next city over. The humbucker itself I got from Long McQuade in Markham Ontario for $120 + tax. :) so in total for everything in GBP I'd say around £170 ish :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks.  Well, I listed it on eBay @ £1899 a week or so ago, but I've been away with work for most of that time, which didn't help matters. 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261170075724

It's hard to be sure with eBay, but I would expect any offers I get to be closer to £1600.  A deal off eBay would obviously make any offer more acceptable.   It does seem strange that something like this is likely to sell for less than a new AVRI Jag (£1768 @ Richtone).  A refinished '66 Strat or Tele would sell for considerably more than a new AVRI. 

that would easily fetch about 3,000.00-4,000.00 as long as everything was original besides the re-fin.

some place like hollywood gc or the chicago music exhanged would ask more like 6 thousand for that.

Unfortunately it seems that the pickups & scratchplate are later replacements.  It still seems strange to me that this is likely to sell for less than a new AVRI!   

If you can get me $3000 to $4000 for it, I'll cut you in!  :mrgreen:

Well, as I understand it, you folks over the pond pay considerably less than we do for US & Mexican made gear.  And I believe you don't have to pay any sales taxes either?  The figure of £1768 I quoted includes VAT @ 20%.  But I'm curious - what does GC charge for a new AVRI Jag? 

The company over here whose price I quoted (Richtone) is an independent, but their online prices are generally very competitive.  We don't really have an equivalent of GC, but I assume that Central London store prices would be higher than Richtone's price. 

$3000 is about £1980, which is pretty much what I have it listed for.   

musicians friend/guitar center, i think sells jags for 1400.00 u.s. we have to pay sales tax.

i bought a 2 year old jag(avri) from a store for 900 bucks in 2006. at the time that was pretty much the going rate. i believe i sold it two years later for about 1,000.00

that last time i looked it seemed like the avri used jag market had jumped to more like 1200.00 on average.

but i haven't the money nor the amp to even think of owning a jaguar.