sickboy

< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

On 5/22/2016 at 11:19 PM, United Guitars said:

This is my Squier Vintage Mod. Jaguar. Quality of a fender for half the price.

Nice jag!

• Like 1

Hi all - just joined this site; very cool to find this great resource. I'm posting a few pictures of my 1962 Jaguar, which I've owned for close to 30 years. It's all-original, except that the previous owner had repainted it ... Which is a shame in a way, but it meant that I was able to gig with it and use it for all these years without panicking about maybe causing damage to the finish. It also meant that I was able to do what I just finished doing, which is having the body professionally refinished. These photos were just taken, right after I put it all back together after the body came back from being refinished.

(BTW - anyone want to guess what was the hardest part of re-assembling the guitar ... ?)

jag1.jpg     jag2.jpg

jag3.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all, 

About half a year ago I purchased an Olympic White Fender Classic Player Jaguar HH and it is the nicest guitar I’ve ever played (Jags have become my perfect guitar) and I’m happy with the Fender Enforcer Humbucking pickups in it but it’s been bugging me since I got the guitar and I’ve been really wanting that true single coil trebley sound out of Jags, don’t get me wrong, the pickups currently in it are fantastic and the coil split gets a great single coil tone out of it. But now I’m really wanting some ‘65 Vintage pickups in it. The only thing is I’m worried that the guitar won’t be compatible with a single coil mod because of the specific routing for the Humbuckers. If anyone can tell me that this mod will be possible will be great and also if you can maybe give me some advice/tips that would really help too. 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks for reading and replies in advance :)

Just bought one but can't get too much info on it- called custom shop today, was told 7 were made... Limited series released 30 in series - this model was 1 of 4 in series....Any of you ever seen this model or have any info to share? Thx

http://www.chorder.com/electric-guitars/fender-custom-shop/limited-jazzmaster-pro-10270

specs sent today from custom shop-

09/30/2014

Model Name: Jazzmaster® Pro
Model Number: 9235000095
Series: Limited Collection
Body: Select Lightweight Ash 
Neck: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple, Large “C” Shape,
(Hand-Rubbed Oil Finish)
Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets: 22 Dunlop® 6105 Narrow Jumbo Frets 
Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Width @ Nut: 1.6875” (43 mm)
Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
Machine Heads: Deluxe Locking Tuning Machines
Bridge: American Deluxe 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Polished Saddles and Pop-in Tremolo Arm
Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum 
Pickups: 1 Seymour Duncan® JBTM Trembucker (Bridge)
Pickup Switching: None
Controls: Volume, GreasebucketTM Tone Control Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass)

Colors: (095) White Blonde,
(Gloss Urethane Finish)
Strings: Fender Standard TensionTM ST250R, Nickel Plated Steel, 
Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046),
P/N 0730250206
Other Features: Limited Edition Neckplate,
Knurled Chrome Control Knobs,
Synthetic Bone Nut,
Black Dot Position Inlays,
Hand-Rubbed Oil Neck Finish,
Side Mounted Telecaster® Output Jack
Source: U.S. Fender Custom Shop
Accessories: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Black Crushed Velvet Interior), Strap, Cable, Polishing Cloth, CruzTOOLS® Tool Kit, Certificate of Authenticity
U.S. MSRP: $6,500.00
INTRODUCED: 5/2013
DISCONTINUED: 1/2014
DISCONTINUED COLORS: 
COMMENTS: Only 30 pieces available globally Q2 2013
WRENCH SIZES: Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench, (.050” Hex), P/N 0018531000NOTICE: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

Hey,

great forum! 

This is my Jag, it's one of the 2017 American Professional Series. Just got It recently and it plays awesome! Definitely the right guitar for small-handed people like myself..

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.png

Lately, especially before this purchase, I've been a heavy Tele player. I love the tones and simplicity of the telecaster, yet, this past week I decided to take a chance and impulse bought this 2012 Squier Jaguar they put out to commemorate 50 years since the first Fender Jaguar back in '62. It's a very peculiar guitar and some of the tones I've gotten out of it when briefly playing around through my computer DAW were very interesting and inspiring. I ended up taking into the shop to get setup and new bridge, and can't wait until it returns. I love the way the neck feels. Also love the vibrato system too very fluid sounding 

• Like 1