sickboy

< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

Here's a pic of my first guitar. My parents gave it to me in August 1962 and I toured the world with it. I took this pic on 08/25/2008 . . . . .

1962FenderJaguarfromGregorysMusic.jpg

woot woot.. 2 hour round trip to get her.. here she is.. it was worth selling my thousand pound camera to fund. oh yes.

If the serial number is on the back of the neck... i can't find it listed anywhere

2846614264_f935edd224_o.jpg

just the usual tiny little surface dings here and there around the bottom edge. its mint though

oh and the paint has darkened.. i've just had the control plates off to tighten the pots and check wiring

thats mint

nah i think its surf green but it looks more like seafoam to me.. might be mint thought?

lol, sorry, was a bad pun. great condition ;)

I'm from County Durham so I thought that were really funny :-D

The Sherwood green American reissue is on the chopping block.

I just got the Custom shop guitar (with the blocks, binding, and matching headstock) on Monday. Working hard to break it in. Really clear sounding, but the '63 has this amazing woody tone and a sweet low end that the others don't.

The Sherwood green American reissue is on the chopping block.

I just got the Custom shop guitar (with the blocks, binding, and matching headstock) on Monday. Working hard to break it in. Really clear sounding, but the '63 has this amazing woody tone and a sweet low end that the others don't.

how much did the custom shop set you back?

Here is my crop (on Flikr). From left to right, American Jazzmaster reissue, American Jaguar reissue, Custom Shop Jag, and a 1963 refin.

2849247872_de6b07682f.jpg

that custom jag is the most beautiful guitar ever

Thanks! I feel like a proud parent. I'll put some more pics of it up in a day or two. I got it with a flamed maple neck which the picture does not show.

To answer the price thing: I paid TOO much for it-- around the same price as vintage models go for on eBay. My (somewhat silly) justification is: I realized that my 'dream guitar' never existed in production: sherwood green, matching headstock, bound neck & blocks. Hence the custom order-- but I also had it "Master-built" instead of "Team-built." Why? I don't know.

This is a cool forum, lovin it..some awesome guitars.

Heres my 1965 jaguar I bought this around 1988/89[something to do with my sonic youth obsession] :wink: still love it couldnt imagine my life without it.

I also got a black 1976 mustang I will get some pics of that and put them on..

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg