sickboy

< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

Here is my crop (on Flikr). From left to right, American Jazzmaster reissue, American Jaguar reissue, Custom Shop Jag, and a 1963 refin.

2849247872_de6b07682f.jpg

The third Jag is just downright epic. :-wow

i know this is crazy., can u take for me.. close up pics..of the pickups.. and the serial number please? and the volume/tone knobs for the rhythm circuit? please.x

pickup2.jpg

pickup.jpg

serialno.jpg

I will get some of the volume/tone knobs for the rhythm circuit when I get a chance.

Cheers

Fender is retarded, how come they don't think up cool stuff like this from the get go. WE should work at fender.

i'm awesome at spraying.. mainly from doin walls. but paint is paint.

also.. do fender still make jagstangs?

Fender is retarded, how come they don't think up cool stuff like this from the get go. WE should work at fender.

we should. and whats with all the #### strats and teles, and no real advancements on offsets?

Thanks for the props, fellow enthusiasts.

Speaking of advancements, what about the "Players Jazzmaster?" they just put out? I don't think we're completely forgotten. I was quite happy when Fender finally started to build US Jags and Jazzmasters again.

I like having a little ignored corner of the guitar world. It has sweet looks, a bit of Strat sound, and a bunch of unique tone. They can forget about us Jaguar and Jazzmaster fans for all I care. I will still be playing my Jaguar while the more 'normal' people endlessly buy Strats, Teles, Les Pauls and whatever else.

the classic player stuff was a start but how about IMPROVING the jaguar/jazzmasters? not redesigning them. why not make a hard tail without changing everything else? or one with a different trem or something. or redesign the bridge. blah blah blah.

Sickboy- Does the bass cut switch still do the same thing on the KC Jag?

That custom shop Jag just blew my mind. It looks like it should be on display in the 'museum of rock' or something.

where the hell does one purchace these?????/

CAN I HAZ?

I got mine off e-bay! Just take a moment to look...or more like look every day! You're bound to find one with a BIN that's WAY underpriced.

Mine was $750 USD

I think there was a thread about it on here to be honest...

New to the forums here. Long time Jag, Jag-Stang, and Mustang fan. :)

I just got this baby in the mail today!

Shell Pink Thin Skin

pinkjag.png

I used to own a 1964 Pre-CBS Jaguar in Lake Placid Blue w/ matching headstock, clay dot inlays, and a "B" shaped neck. I actually picked it up at a swap meet for $15 years back! Lucky break, eh? I don't even remember why I sold her, I'm sure I needed the money, but man do I wish she was still rockin' out at my place.

Anyhoo, the nitrocellulose lacquer on these thin skins really is quite thin. You know how you see vintage guitars with the finished rubbed all the way down to the bare wood in areas? I imagine these thin skins will wear the same if you play em' lots. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, just thought it was worth mentioning.

New to the forums here. Long time Jag, Jag-Stang, and Mustang fan. :)

I just got this baby in the mail today!

Shell Pink Thin Skin

pinkjag.png

I used to own a 1964 Pre-CBS Jaguar in Lake Placid Blue w/ matching headstock, clay dot inlays, and a "B" shaped neck. I actually picked it up at a swap meet for $15 years back! Lucky break, eh? I don't even remember why I sold her, I'm sure I needed the money, but man do I wish she was still rockin' out at my place.

Anyhoo, the nitrocellulose lacquer on these thin skins really is quite thin. You know how you see vintage guitars with the finished rubbed all the way down to the bare wood in areas? I imagine these thin skins will wear the same if you play em' lots. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, just thought it was worth mentioning.

AWESOME!!

Welcome btw. :)