< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

New to the forums here. Long time Jag, Jag-Stang, and Mustang fan. :)

I just got this baby in the mail today!

Shell Pink Thin Skin

pinkjag.png

I used to own a 1964 Pre-CBS Jaguar in Lake Placid Blue w/ matching headstock, clay dot inlays, and a "B" shaped neck. I actually picked it up at a swap meet for $15 years back! Lucky break, eh? I don't even remember why I sold her, I'm sure I needed the money, but man do I wish she was still rockin' out at my place.

Anyhoo, the nitrocellulose lacquer on these thin skins really is quite thin. You know how you see vintage guitars with the finished rubbed all the way down to the bare wood in areas? I imagine these thin skins will wear the same if you play em' lots. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Welcome. $15...wow, what was that guy thinking. I'm sure you made more than $15 when you sold it lol. Nice geetar.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I've been here for while and got many good information from here too, so then finally I got my jag. kinda interesting to see your Jag photo too. What kind jag do you own? any model ,any year

First up; A 1964 oxford green refin. This was formerly Lous: Second, my first Jag. Sunburst CIJ with upgrades; black sp, 'mute' and SD QP pickup in the bridge position. Third, burgundy mist CIJ

lol

Nice collection you got so far. I'd change the pickguard on the SS sunburst Jag though.

Whats between the bridge and tremolo on the sunburst Jag?

Is the HH sunburst Jag a classic player? Or a Kurt Jag?

Where is everyone getting these Jap Jags? E-bay?

I have the original tort pickguard, I changed it for the WBW one I prefer the look.

It's a sticker between the trem and bridge.

The HH Sunburst is a Japanese Jagmaster. I would like to get the KC Jag, not because its the KC model, I love the bound neck with dot inlays. Classic. :D

Yeah I really just dont like the white guard on that Jaguar lol. Ah well, whatever floats your boat.

Me too. I think it makes them look cheap.

Yeah I kinda like the cheap vibe, it's kind of 70s ugly. It's nice to have a guitar that's a little different too.

if i ever had sunburst, i'd change to white pickguard as well.

and KC jag has bound neck and DOT inlays. :D

on the Jagmaster is it just the control plate or did you put Jag electronics in it?

Yeah I typed the wrong thing, bound with dots is a great look.

I was going to install the upper circuit in there so I cut a spare pickgaurd to see what it would look like so I put on the plate but I never actually got around to routing and installing it cos I was graduating and moving back to Glasgow at the time. Since then the Jagmaster has been in it's case until I snapped the pic of it's neck the other night.

I put a white pickguard on my Jazzmaster too. :lol:

ewww. It's not even that it makes it look cheap, its just the fact that it looks bad to me. I like the cheap factor.

Did you put chrome for the volume/tone pot as well on the Jagmaster? I didn't even realize it was a Jagmaster, but now that I look, i see that the bridge is stratocaster.

Forgot to put the neck screws in the Aug special again huh?

Dumbass......

Nice jag, i'd have one of those over a 65 anyday of the week.

What do you think now Freak?

Still prefer that nasty burst over a newer translucent one?

lol yeah, I haven't put the neck in yet, when I put that on I think I'm going to take it to my local guitar repair man so I don't, I don't know screw it in the wrong place or something.

Thanks.

Nasty burst? The old 70's style one? I like both.

ewww. It's not even that it makes it look cheap, its just the fact that it looks bad to me. I like the cheap factor.

Did you put chrome for the volume/tone pot as well on the Jagmaster? I didn't even realize it was a Jagmaster, but now that I look, i see that the bridge is stratocaster.

No I didn't put a chrome lower plate on. It's a different size and shape so the bridge would get in the way.

My favourite guitar (the sunburst fugly) Jag has gone in for a repair. :-(

You know like the Kurtz one, where the centre of the burst is just nasty canary yellow?

That one, i don't know about what years they did it.

I like the wood coming through like on yours.

Fender started doing that in the CBS years to cut cut costs. Instead of selecting bodies with nice wood grains to show through they just slapped some yellow paint on the undercoats to cover up any imperfections. Brilliant!