sickboy

< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

You know like the Kurtz one, where the centre of the burst is just nasty canary yellow?

That one, i don't know about what years they did it.

I like the wood coming through like on yours.

Fender started doing that in the CBS years to cut cut costs. Instead of selecting bodies with nice wood grains to show through they just slapped some yellow paint on the undercoats to cover up any imperfections. Brilliant!

That I didn't know, but it makes perfect sense.

I think both bursts are great looking.

Well, being that this is the Jaguar section, I'll post a picture of my Jaguar. I'm too lazy to take a new picture, so here's one I've had for a while.

jag-1.jpg

Nevermind a picture, wheres the demo vid ya lazy bastard?

No webcam or camera? 0_o

Web cam, no.

Camera, yes, but sound isn't supreme. I already hate having my picture taken, it's hard enough to get a video of me, especially if I'm the one taping myself, that's just weird to me.

CIJ reissue candy apple red. I was going to look up the exact year via the serial number, but was too lazy to find sufficient resources. Anybody know a good way to tell?

I tried to include a couple related items for a sense of scale. Mixed results:

n584451396_1895709_3998.jpg

n584451396_1895715_1543.jpg

I have already purchased a buzzstop, which I am going to install and see if it solves some of the proverbial string-jumping problems. A black pearloid pickguard is also in the mail :twisted:

Yeah. I thought about replacing them, possibly with a hot rails in the bridge position and/or vintage pups, but I just don't have the funds, time, or technical ingenuity to do it right now.

no, im asking if its uk slang for lemon juice or if its an actual product. i use murphy's oil anyway. works a charm, one wipe takes care of most of the dirt and a few more make it shiny as hell.

as long as you can get them nice and clean, dont worry too much about it. the shinyness is hard to achieve with just a rag or paper towels thing or something. and i try to get it as clean as possible before stringing it so that the strings say clean for as long as possible. i problably spend a good 1 1/2 hours on a partial setup/cleaning + string change every time i string it.

I don't know what murphy's oil is, never seen that over here, but you should use lemon oil on your rosewood fretboards.

Apart from smelling clean like a KFC wipe, it'll make your rosewood darker, slicker, and it'll shine.

Just rub it in, the first couple of coats will get absorbed quickly, then just keep rubbing it in until it won't take anymore or until it's dark, then buff it with a clean rag.

If you're gonna do it do it properly, clean the fretboard first, and get the grime from the side of your frets out with a toothpick.

You could also masking tape your fretboard and wire wool the frets to a high shine before you do this for the best result.

I'm sure you could rub them away if you stood there and worked them for about 5 years non stop lol.

I don't know, wire wool doesn't seem to take anything off, and you're going to wreck your frets alot quicker with hammer ons and general playing anyways.

This is the same 02' jag I posted pics of earlier, but I've since upgraded it with a black pearloid pickguard and a buzzstop. I considered getting white tusq saddles as well, but I'll put up with temperamental silver jag saddles for now I suppose...not like I didn't drop enough on the guitar as it was. Also: abalone would have been another killer pickguard. Originally I thought plain black...which would still look good. I like this, though.

n584451396_1938791_3498.jpg

n584451396_1938790_4352.jpg