sickboy

< < < Show us your Jaguar pictures > > >

Anybody know if you can get white tone/volume knobs for the lead circuit? That would be about the only other thing I can think of two complete the b/w/r color scheme...

DSC05794.jpg

Everyone here has probably seen my Jag. Long story on this one. Heres the short version, I bought this on eBay in pieces. The owner of a popular Nirvana site thought it would fetch more as parts even after I offered to buy it whole before. I won the neck, pick guard and body. The rest is stew mac and a American reissue trem. It was filthy. Covered in a waxy type stuff with its finish completely checked underneath. After many cleans it took some of the paint with it unfortunately. Last owner routed it for a humbucker. Has a weird "C" or a "D" worn into the arm rest over time. It also has a crack in the headstock.

I plan on adding US wires and a Duncan Humbucker. Simple electronics system compared to stock Jags. It may be ugly, but sounds the best out of all my other guitars. Page 16 on "pictures of your guitars". Rock Forth!

you forgot to say roller tune-o-matic. VERY NICE! what do you mean US wires though? if youre looking for fidelity, change pots and switches first.

I think it's more a case of ADDING pots and switches!!

Nice, the black pickguard on red is what I was going to do with mine before I decided to go pearloid instead. Pickups look awesome as well.

Nice, the black pickguard on red is what I was going to do with mine before I decided to go pearloid instead. Pickups look awesome as well.

Thanks man! Yeah, Candy Apple Red isn't one of my favorite colors (would rather a sunburst!) but the black pickguard does make it look a lot cooler. I do like the pearloid too...very cool.

The guy that helped me with the mods was able to use the old pickup covers...he just sanded off the top, painted the edges black...so you can see a white ring around the pickups. I dig it!

you forgot to say roller tune-o-matic. VERY NICE! what do you mean US wires though? if youre looking for fidelity, change pots and switches first.

Can you tell I'm not a guitar tech? That's what I meant. Adding electronic since there's only the jack and one pickup right now. I'm getting more and more impatient with it. Gonna add 2 pickups, simply pup selector and 1vol/1 tone. Thats it. Its all about the alder and the humbucker for me anyway.

Can you tell I'm not a guitar tech? That's what I meant. Adding electronic since there's only the jack and one pickup right now. I'm getting more and more impatient with it. Gonna add 2 pickups, simply pup selector and 1vol/1 tone. Thats it. Its all about the alder and the humbucker for me anyway.

I actually like how simple it is!

Sometimes ridiculously simple is the way to go, in addition to being quite ballsy it makes it easier to play (you don't have to worry about setting all the switches/pots etc.). Sometime the jag almost seems too complicated...

Hi all, I'm a new member but thought you may like to see my two jags.

The Candy Apple Red one is a 1963 pre CBS...it's all stock as far as I'm aware, it's neck stamped 1963B. I got it in 1994.

The other one is a CIJ but not sure of the year, 2000+ though. I bought it off ebay, where I got the graphtec saddles, buzz stop, and faded repro vintage scratchplate and pick-up covers.

At the moment the jap one is 'between' paint jobs....as in I sprayed it black, but my mate Cat scratched her name in it!

Cheeky cow.

n639506354_805240_4935.jpg

n639506354_805230_1781.jpg

n639506354_805229_1543.jpg

n639506354_235927_1423.jpg

Hope you like 'em!

Paul

It's a Jackson Surfcaster 12str, but I just sold it on ebay!

After I got the ricky 12str I just didn't really play it much...it was a shame to have it there gathering dust. Belina Butcher from my bloody valentine used to play a 6str one, it was a very good guitar, shame!

Thanks Mustang-Pete....I love 'em, complete guitar pervert haha