the jazzmaster in compairson to a mim strat.

mexican basses are ok but when it comes to the guitars the japanese blow the mexicans out of the water. Better everything...plus i think the mexican fender guitars go out of tune, the pickups arent much better than the squiers and the metal on the guitar will rust on a mex... a japanese is one that you can keep for the rest of your life.

i was talking aboot the mia jazzies..... and are they brighter, or mull "full" than the mim strats, i know the jazzies are much better over all guitars, and my strat gets to a point where it sounds thin and flat, im wondering if thats ever happened to anyones mia jazzy, or mij with mia pups in it....anywho thanks for the remarks, they have helped me get my arse in gear to start saveing for me jazzmaster

mexican basses are ok but when it comes to the guitars the japanese blow the mexicans out of the water. Better everything...plus i think the mexican fender guitars go out of tune, the pickups arent much better than the squiers and the metal on the guitar will rust on a mex... a japanese is one that you can keep for the rest of your life.

I have had an MIM strat for about 6 or 7 years now, and have never had any of the problems that you're talking about. The pickups sound way better than a squier, the metal hasn't rusted, and won't rust any faster than an MIA or MIJ strat's will, and mine stays in tune fine as well. My MIM strat has taken plenty of abuse and still works perfectly fine. It is definitely a guitar that I can keep for the rest of my life. You're an idiot, and you don't know what you're talking about. Go away.

I have had an MIM strat for about 6 or 7 years now, and have never had any of the problems that you're talking about. The pickups sound way better than a squier, the metal hasn't rusted, and won't rust any faster than an MIA or MIJ strat's will, and mine stays in tune fine as well. My MIM strat has taken plenty of abuse and still works perfectly fine. It is definitely a guitar that I can keep for the rest of my life. You're an idiot, and you don't know what you're talking about. Go away.

:? I've got both jap and mexican fenders, and the Jap are a lot better, no question, no argument.

I still like the mex though - and it is better quality than a Squier.

the pups are identical to strat ones

Yea thats true.

unless you said you wanted a MIA which you ain't cause you're talkin mexican strats. The neck finish will be different, mexican will be a mate satin like finish, in my opion. While the jazzmaster or any japan made fender has a glossy poly finish, often vintaged tinted.

The finsh option on them may be the same, unless you order strait from japan, which case color option is no problem.

Do you use a trem?

If so do you like hendrix-like dramatic drives or a more mellow speedy(imho) like tremelo sound?

Don't mind holding a little more weight with the Jazzmaster?

I think the Jap Jazzy's neck edges are rounded better, and the nuts not the same size the Jazzmaster would have a smaller nut. The Radi's would be different, Mexi strat = 9", I think.. and the Jazzmasters 7 1/4"

I am not sure if the 7 1/4" radius would be offered on Jap strat...

Through the Japan 62' reissues look just as good quality as the jazzmasters.

You should choose between a Jap strat and a Jazzmaster.

are the pup#s that bad or is it just a JS myth?

they aren't exactly bad. they are just weak and squeal. the sound they make is great and serves a purpose, but it's just very limiting. but having said that i'm basing my opinion entirely on that 94 LE i had for 18 months. i don't count the times i've played them in shops and thought they were great, cos i've bought far too much stuff that sounded great in a shop and then later realised i don't like it. it's a problem i have when i play stuff in shops.

MIA?! There just ain't no question there! Get the jazzy mate! But totally keep in mind the strat, even if you get the one or the other. You'll eventually want both right! 8)
well, im already buying the jazzy, i was just wanting to know what to expect compaired to my mim. the only thing thats stopping my jazzy, is the price.....but im gettin a job to solve that one!