Hi you all, I have a question about volume so after I swaped pickups with SD screamin' demon

instead of the stock pickups but some people says Jag volume doesn't work with high output

pickup I have to change the volume , but I have no idea about this

for me I've always turned the knob volume in maximum everytime for playing

if I just turn it down for a little bit the tone gonna disappear

does anyone whos swaping pickups on your Jag got this problem? or its not a problem?

any idea?

Thanks y'all....

I dont think you will have a problem, i've used JB Jrs and Hotrails before with the stock pots and they worked fine.

The problem is.. a lot of Jag users only see the instrument as what it was designed for. But the truth is you can fit almost anything and play anything you want on a Jag, there is no law on the matter, just opinions. Like 23freak said though, 1m pots are brighter sounding.

the jag should be a perfect candidate for swaping pup types in,

think about it, you have a lead circut, a rythm circut(my personal fav)

and a bass cut, and with all those switches you can get it to do what you want fairly easily.

if you keep the jag in a simple form then perhaps you may want to upgrade a pot or two, but i say give it a good go first!

also, if you decide you want the tone of a 500k pot, just roll the tone knob down, or even the volume knob a little bit - and this will give you the EXACT sounds of a 500k - for a more permanent solution, without having to change pots or anything, simply solder a 500k resistor on the volume pot between the middle lug and the ground lug(the one soldered to the top of the pot), and this will actually make you're 1M pot a 500k pot - it's cheaper, and easily undoable. If you want a 500k tone pot, do the same resistor mod to that pot.

also, you said that the volume knob kills tone - i agree, (Note that when you turn it down very slightly, this is what a 500k pot would sound like, because the resistance is lowered from 1M to 500k) but this is easily fixed with a treble bleed mod - solder a .001 cap on the volume pot between the middle lug and the non-grounded lug.

Bit of a ramble, but i hope it helped